• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    How much worse could it get here??? Hard to imagine, but Massachusetts actually makes Maryland look GOOD. :sad20:

The police chiefs, most of whom are politically appointed and serve at the leisure of their respective masters, want to determine who can and who cannot own rifles and shotguns. Apparently several of the bill's supporters got spooked by the Constitutionality of such a measure, and the chiefs are upset that their quest for absolute gun control has been denied - for now anyway. I'd bet my last dollar that this will be back.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...tes-at-odds-over-discretion-in-massachusetts/

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Mass does have some bad things but outside of boston and the burbs you can actually get an unrestricted LTC. Of course I expect the usual AWB nonsense for rifles and shotguns and they do have a 10 round limit, but I believe that is waived if you have a LTC?

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    They are just being company boys and towing the company line. I tow my company's line, most people here who do not run their own business tows the company line.

If we don't tow the company line, the next thing out of our mouths will be "Would you like fries with that sir", if not "Brother, can you spare a dime?" It's called self preservation.

The problem with big city police chiefs is, their bosses’ company line is “dismantle the Second Amendment incrementally until it is wiped out completely”

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    They are just being company boys and towing the company line. I tow my company's line, most people here who do not run their own business tows the company line.

If we don't tow the company line, the next thing out of our mouths will be "Would you like fries with that sir", if not "Brother, can you spare a dime?" It's called self preservation.

The problem with big city police chiefs is, their bosses’ company line is “dismantle the Second Amendment incrementally until it is wiped out completely”

F**k that self-preservation ********. Those assholes CHOSE their profession, and because they are devoid of any principles or ethics (and the commensurate courage to stand up for them, if they DID have any), have chosen to sell out their fellow citizens' freedom and Constitutional rights in order to feed their own egos and line their own pockets.

It's way beyond pathetic when grown men lack the ability or courage to think on their own - especially in law enforcement - and are subservient to the thoughts and policy of their masters.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    The legislature was wise to back away. It sounds like an extra-judicial and without due process administrative process to deny someone of 2A rights. It is alarming that the chiefs would make such a statement unless told to do so by their city leaders.

MA has always been bad, but proposing and passing this sort of law, I believe, will lead to a civil disobedience standoff similar to or worse than what is in CT. That sort of law is absolutely unconstitutional and invites ignoring it on those grounds. NH and VT is not too far to move to. That would be my choice in the north east.

Last edited:

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV

I have never and will never tow the company line if I don't believe it to be true. I have, on many occasions told them the product they make is crap and how to improve it and customer relations. Sometimes they listen, sometimes not but I will not lie for them. If I want customers to trust me I have to be honest with them, and that means sometimes going against the grain.

If these freaks are towing the company line, then they are lieing to those they protect and should lose their jobs. If they truly believe the crap they are spewing then they have failed in protecting the public's rights. Either way they are wrong and should be, though they wont be, punished/fired for such actions.

jrosenberger

Jan 19, 2011
    NH
    Mass does have some bad things but outside of boston and the burbs you can actually get an unrestricted LTC. Of course I expect the usual AWB nonsense for rifles and shotguns and they do have a 10 round limit, but I believe that is waived if you have a LTC?
    The federal AWB was copied in to MA law before it expired. Basically, we're stuck in 2003. LTC holders can own pre-1994 >10 round mags, but nothing newer.

The legislature was wise to back away. It sounds like an extra-judicial and without due process administrative process to deny someone of 2A rights. It is alarming that the chiefs would make such a statement unless told to do so by their city leaders.

MA has always been bad, but proposing and passing this sort of law, I believe, will lead to a civil disobedience standoff similar to or worse than what is in CT. That sort of law is absolutely unconstitutional and invites ignoring it on those grounds. NH and VT is not too far to move to. That would be my choice in the north east.

MA already has this arbitrary discretion for who can own a handgun or a so called 'large capacity' long gun.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    How much worse could it get here??? Hard to imagine, but Massachusetts actually makes Maryland look GOOD. :sad20:

The police chiefs, most of whom are politically appointed and serve at the leisure of their respective masters, want to determine who can and who cannot own rifles and shotguns. Apparently several of the bill's supporters got spooked by the Constitutionality of such a measure, and the chiefs are upset that their quest for absolute gun control has been denied - for now anyway. I'd bet my last dollar that this will be back.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...tes-at-odds-over-discretion-in-massachusetts/

Make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, just like being told I'm the healthiest guy in the hospice.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN

I wont buy that horseshit. Some people actually stand up for what they believe in. CO, WY, UT, AZ...etc

y5e3uhej.jpg

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

May 13, 2005
    F**k that self-preservation ********. Those assholes CHOSE their profession, and because they are devoid of any principles or ethics (and the commensurate courage to stand up for them, if they DID have any), have chosen to sell out their fellow citizens' freedom and Constitutional rights in order to feed their own egos and line their own pockets.

It's way beyond pathetic when grown men lack the ability or courage to think on their own - especially in law enforcement - and are subservient to the thoughts and policy of their masters.

X2

Could not have said it better myself. :thumbsup:

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I wont buy that horseshit. Some people actually stand up for what they believe in. CO, WY, UT, AZ...etc

y5e3uhej.jpg

Chiefs report to politicians and can be fired by them, sheriff's are elected and serve until they lose the next election.

That's why political statements by chiefs are nearly all B.S.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Chiefs report to politicians and can be fired by them, sheriff's are elected and serve until they lose the next election.

That's why political statements by chiefs are nearly all B.S.

At that very same rally, was the Chief of Loveland PD, and several others. The PDs stand with the Sheriffs. Coastal ******** is what Mass-NOVA deal with, as well as California. Not in America.

There is hope!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Need a High Cap Mag license in MA and even then only mags from before Clinton ban of 94 can be bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom