• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littlebr4d

Large Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Jarrettsville, MD
    I have an appointment on 8/7 right down the street from my office in Woodlawn at Securitas Security Services. I was charged $54.50.

I plan to have everything ready to go by then, and go straight from the appointment to the mailbox.

sprat

Jul 27, 2012
    Florida
    Non-residents

Kinda of funny....as a non-resident sending in print cards, it should only cost me a $34.50 (+75 app fee) check to MSP. :D

is it still true non residents can still use fingerprint cards, so I can walk into my local sheriffs office here in florida and get printed and send in my package

need to know

sprat

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    is it still true non residents can still use fingerprint cards, so I can walk into my local sheriffs office here in florida and get printed and send in my package

need to know

sprat

You can..but you need to get a copy of MD's CJIS-015 fingerprint card. I requested it from MSP and they mailed it to me.

On the blue and white card you get from your sheriff make sure that ORI-MDMSP6000 is placed in the proper box.

(This ORI# is the latest info that I saw...anyone feel free to correct if there is more up to date info)

sprat

Jul 27, 2012
    Florida
    You can..but you need to get a copy of MD's CJIS-015 fingerprint card. I requested it from MSP and they mailed it to me.

On the blue and white card you get from your sheriff make sure that ORI-MDMSP6000 is placed in the proper box.

(This ORI# is the latest info that I saw...anyone feel free to correct if there is more up to date info)

I know you from PAFOA, thanks for the heads up on using MD's fingerprint card

sprat

BW460

Mar 8, 2012
    If this has been asked before, I apologize. The section on references says "citizens". Does that literally mean citizens of Maryland or can they be out of state? I have only lived in Maryland for about 5 years now and have had to move a couple of times for work so most of my buddies are out of state.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    If this has been asked before, I apologize. The section on references says "citizens". Does that literally mean citizens of Maryland or can they be out of state? I have only lived in Maryland for about 5 years now and have had to move a couple of times for work so most of my buddies are out of state.

Yes, non residents can apply.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    If we're sending in our application, the only cost would be $75.00 to MSP. Right? The fingerprinting, pictures, and notory work was done elsewhere.
    This is for my wife, since I've already applied. Now, if I could just remember how much I sent to the MSP....

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If we're sending in our application, the only cost would be $75.00 to MSP. Right? The fingerprinting, pictures, and notory work was done elsewhere.
    This is for my wife, since I've already applied. Now, if I could just remember how much I sent to the MSP....

If you used a personal check, you should be able to see a copy of the cancelled check on line

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA

You're non-resident, right? Did you drive in to do the live scan? If so, then yes just $75 for the application fee.

BrianS

Apr 26, 2010
    When you attach the pics do you staple them along with the check and LiveScan receipt, or do you attach them using a paperclip or something. I'm used to NFA paperwork as far as pic attaching is concerned.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    When you attach the pics do you staple them along with the check and LiveScan receipt, or do you attach them using a paperclip or something. I'm used to NFA paperwork as far as pic attaching is concerned.

IIRC the instructions state not to staple the photographs. I labeled each photo with my name on the back, placed them in a #10 envelope, sealed/labeled the envelope, and then paper-clipped the envelope to the application.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    IIRC the instructions state not to staple the photographs. I labeled each photo with my name on the back, placed them in a #10 envelope, sealed/labeled the envelope, and then paper-clipped the envelope to the application.

:thumbsup: thats what I did. put check in there also.

Chet002

Jun 10, 2011
    Towson
    What exactly gets sent to MSP?

In the final stages of filling out the application, getting fingerprinted, notarized etc. and was wondering whether we are supposed to send in all 13 pages of the application or just the ones relevant to our individual application. Any help would be appreciated.
    P.S. Has anyone attempted to find out info for an arrest which ocurred over 40 years ago? It ain't easy!!!!!!

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    In the final stages of filling out the application, getting fingerprinted, notarized etc. and was wondering whether we are supposed to send in all 13 pages of the application or just the ones relevant to our individual application. Any help would be appreciated.
    P.S. Has anyone attempted to find out info for an arrest which ocurred over 40 years ago? It ain't easy!!!!!!

I only sent relevant pages with no problem.

as far as arrest check with the court. only thing I can offer.

CCWhitetail

Jul 25, 2012
    Bummer,
    but now I don't feel as bad about not getting away from
    work yesterday to get fingerprints. I did'nt throw $ 50.00 away.

Jbloom

Jul 23, 2012
    Making sure my bases are covered.

First off, thank you to all of you that provided guidance on filling out the excessive paperwork required in MD. I think that I have everything put together, but before I send it in... Is there anything that I as an active duty Marine should include with my package that I might not have put together already?

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    First off, thank you to all of you that provided guidance on filling out the excessive paperwork required in MD. I think that I have everything put together, but before I send it in... Is there anything that I as an active duty Marine should include with my package that I might not have put together already?

Welcome to the forums. Do you have GSR? If you are not aware a stay has been put into place by the 4CA. If you don't have GSR then save your money as you will be denied.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

Do you have g&s ? If not, hold off on sending the app.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    G & S= Good and substantial reason for permit

To include

Large cash business bank deposits
    Documented threats against you
    Dr. carrying meds or prescription pads

If none of the above hold your application until he 4 CA rules and we see where this is going.

Otherwise you are throwing your money away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom