• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Was there a full house of vendors or were there empty tables like at the annapolis show? Anyone get an idea on XM193 or 855 ammo prices?

Thanks, Thinking of going tomorrow.

They had full tables almost all the way back; some of the center tables were not very full.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    It was OK but a total zoo. No great deals. I did snag a repro 16" bayonet for my 03A3, might as well since it has that scary bayonet lug.....:party29:

Also snagged a CZ455 mag and sling for a friend and a Gadsden flag.

Met Mr. H at MSI and a couple younger fellows in line (05 something?). Talked a few folks into coming the 1st and sent them to talk to MSI.

Spoon22

Jan 23, 2013
    But you got one =)

Ditto. I drove all the way from Rockville, started walking towards the line, and when I realized just how long it was, I turned around and left. And I was there by 10 am, which was way too late, I guess. I can't stand still that long on my legs. So I went to Atlantic Guns in Rockville and over paid for a Glock 36. lol

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    What are the thoughts of bringing my 1 year old? Are strollers allowed at these things?

As a parent I understand the need for them. As a customer I prefer NOT to have to walk around them, have them bump into me or or listen to the child inside screaming. I am not saying yours will be a problem, but this is one of those situations where a child is really out of place. A little one in a chest carrier might be better than a stroller, but you can carry small items in a stroller UNLESS the little one is one that likes to throw and grab things. I took my son when he was about 8 but he knew NOT to touch anything (except for the stuff I gave him to carry)

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Is it even worth going tomorrow anymore? Are there at least C&R guns left?

I left around 4:30 and picked up a K31 that I thought was worth what I paid.
    I'm new to the C&R scene but there were more there than I'd expected and wished I had more time to look and talk. The ones I did ask questions, did not have many answers. I had seen an Arisaka 99 that was just over $200 and had dust bunnies in the bore that looked like an interesting wall hanger. 2 scratches across the mum. more Muzzle loaders than i'd expected but I know ZIP about those. There were about 5 Chinese Mosin T53s there about $159 I think.

This was the first show me and my dad ever went to. If only to ask questions, I'd go back Sun if I had time but I don't.

Lou said bring money so I bought something from Shooters Discount :)

Safeboat079

Feb 24, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Just my opinion

I know some of you may disagree, and I may piss a few of you off by saying this, seeing as it’s my first post, but I was absolutely appalled by the insane prices for anything chambered in .223/5.56 or anything that looks or had the words “tactical”. The gun dealers, here in our own state, are more than taking advantage of gun owners and those that wish to be gun owners. I think it’s absolutely disgusting. Now I understand the principals of supply and demand, but there is a big difference from upping the prices a little to reflect the demand, and flat out raping people who believe this may be their last chance to purchase an AR-15. I mean seriously, $65 for 375 rounds of .22 ammo, $450 for 500 rounds of .223/5.56, Bushmaster AR’s at $1800, DMPS at $2100, there were very few dealers that had anything reasonable. Forget about trying to get a good deal on anything, just looking to pay a regular price was hard to find. I walked in intending to find a new toy, I walked out empty handed, mad that I made the trip to my bank to withdraw cash that didn’t get spent. I will give credit where it’s due though, there was a guy set up on the left side wall, had some Remington .308’s at a very good price, a table in the middle who had some decent prices for shotguns, and Shooters discount had some good prices, just didn’t have what I was looking for. If you plan on going tomorrow, I would only go if you’re window shopping, looking for parts or trying to get ideas on your new project, I’d steer clear if you’re actually looking to buy something. Just my 2 cents.

Stormrider1961

Aug 16, 2011
    Laurel
    Went yesterday morning........it was busy! very busy! by 10 am it was pretty packed.The prices were stupid crazy and a lot of gunk tables with the exception of Shooters Discount. The Ammo table in the middle was a zoo!, prices were high and the guy had a tude .... no thanks, Walked out with a pocket full of money and disappointed.

With all the recent events on 2A going on. The feeding frenzy on ammo and everything else ( was at BP Friday morning when they opened the doors, 5 guys took off running, yes I mean running! to the ammo aisle and was pushing and grabbing anything that had .223 or 5.56 on it.) 2 bp employes were standing back laughing at the may-lay..... I couldn't blame them for laughing. The price gouging (a FN Scar 17 that I bought a year ago for $2500 nib is now going for up $8999.00 on GB) ...... are you freaking kidding me!. Mags that once sold for $18 to $50 are now anywhere from $50 to $200. I am just going to sit back for awhile and wait until this settles down. I mean this is CRAZY!
    I wonder where I put my Clay shooting vest ?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I did pick up a nice double gun soft case. 36" for the shorter ones.

Guy near the back had them for $90 cash, but a table up near the middle had them in green for $70. I mentioned to the guy with the black ones (would have preferred black) and he made some smart comment like, "Well let them buy them there." So I did. :)

Got the case and a backpack (military style in tan) for $10 more than the guy wanted for the case in black.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I know some of you may disagree, and I may piss a few of you off by saying this, seeing as it’s my first post, but I was absolutely appalled by the insane prices for anything chambered in .223/5.56 or anything that looks or had the words “tactical”. The gun dealers, here in our own state, are more than taking advantage of gun owners and those that wish to be gun owners. I think it’s absolutely disgusting. Now I understand the principals of supply and demand, but there is a big difference from upping the prices a little to reflect the demand, and flat out raping people who believe this may be their last chance to purchase an AR-15. I mean seriously, $65 for 375 rounds of .22 ammo, $450 for 500 rounds of .223/5.56, Bushmaster AR’s at $1800, DMPS at $2100, there were very few dealers that had anything reasonable. Forget about trying to get a good deal on anything, just looking to pay a regular price was hard to find. I walked in intending to find a new toy, I walked out empty handed, mad that I made the trip to my bank to withdraw cash that didn’t get spent. I will give credit where it’s due though, there was a guy set up on the left side wall, had some Remington .308’s at a very good price, a table in the middle who had some decent prices for shotguns, and Shooters discount had some good prices, just didn’t have what I was looking for. If you plan on going tomorrow, I would only go if you’re window shopping, looking for parts or trying to get ideas on your new project, I’d steer clear if you’re actually looking to buy something. Just my 2 cents.

I understand your frustration in the given market, you are not alone. However i think it's wrong to say that most of us dealers are out there trying to gouge every penny we can for what we have. For some of us this might be the last "hurrah" for a while. As we dealers are having a very hard time finding product to restock with. Most dealers are looking at what current market value is on a product and pricing accordingly, some higher some lower. Dont blame the dealers for making a living.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I left around 4:30 and picked up a K31 that I thought was worth what I paid.
    I'm new to the C&R scene but there were more there than I'd expected and wished I had more time to look and talk. The ones I did ask questions, did not have many answers. I had seen an Arisaka 99 that was just over $200 and had dust bunnies in the bore that looked like an interesting wall hanger. 2 scratches across the mum. more Muzzle loaders than i'd expected but I know ZIP about those. There were about 5 Chinese Mosin T53s there about $159 I think.

This was the first show me and my dad ever went to. If only to ask questions, I'd go back Sun if I had time but I don't.

Lou said bring money so I bought something from Shooters Discount :)

That Type99 was the one i have i think. Just a note, that one is a "last ditch" Jap rifle. It's not in bad shape actually.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I'm bringing some more ammo this morning, we'll see how long it last's. Going to have some 9mm, 38spl, .380, 5.56, .308 and some LE 12ga

338lapua09

Feb 7, 2013
    3rd rock from sun
    this is to safeboat079. and anyone else
    Most dealers are only selling over what the cost is to replace any given product now..most can only sell it if they can get it..it's not like you can order something that is exactly what you want but ,it's buy what you can get..
    Plus if someone wants to pay stupid money to get what they want ,then they will sell it..
    your better off shopping around at local gun shops to find what you need..atleast do your research on pricing before bitching about current pricing..these are tuff time for everyone..
    it is what it is....believe me when I say this is a first for everyone involved with this gun climate..and I thought when this happened 4/5 years ago was bad.
    Just my 2 cents

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    To go or not to go? Geez, do you guys think it will be as mobbed this morning as it was yesterday. I live really close by, saw the stream of traffic yesterday and waited for it to subside and then all the ammo was gone :(

Sitting here yo yoing whether to take my chances since it is one of the rare places rumored that ammo has been sighted in any quantity, thereby increasing the probability of actually getting any.

Anyone else out there got the monte Carlo algorithm running in their heads?

i.c.spots

Jul 27, 2010
    Finksburg
    I have to agree about dealer pricing. I am not a dealer and I am not happy about the current market conditions. Many regular dealers have been working on a tight margin until now. We buyers had the market because of the internet and dealer competition. There is a feeding frenzy in the firearms market as evidenced by the higher prices and the mass amount of people that are showing up at the shows. The gun grabbers have driven this to a sellers market. Markets are driven by supply and demand. Right now supply is low and demand is high. Once the crap with the liberal gun grabbers stops, the demand will decrease and some dealers may be having large inventories and find they need to lower the prices.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    Got a phonecall from my boss yesterday who was at HoCo.

Him:Who did you buy your HK from? Wasn't he from Mt. Airy?
    Me:Yeah, Lou at Shooters Discount
    Him:Oh Ok...I looked at a handgun he had and I think he's one of the only ones here that's reasonably priced.
    Me:Yup, that's Lou, buy with confidence and enjoy, he's a little eccentric, don't mention O'Malley, Obama, or Barbie, don't make eye contact, for more than 1.5 seconds and you'll be just fine...CLICK

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom