Making a Semi Auto 1919 more fun this week for a friend.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Im going to be taking a .308 Semi 1919 (With Tripod) and making some fun changes for a friend. Im installing his EOtech, YHM 7.62 Q.D. Sound Suppressor, and a Crank Fire system.

Once Im done Im going to make one for myself since I cant afford the Class 3 1919 Version but this is close enough, and still fun.

Total cost is about $4500 with the Gun, 1K links, Crank System, Tripod, Barrel Work, Optics Mount, EOtech, Suppressor (Tax), and Q.D. Mount if it was from scratch.....

Ill likely make a water cooler for it too so I dont kill the barrel.

Just wanted to share the excitement. Ill post pics and videos once done if my friend is cool with it.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    FA 1919a4s are as cheap as $11K right now.

Before doing all that, I would just save twice as long and get FA. $4.5K is a lot to have in a semi gun like this. Maybe check out some cheaper FA... thats my 2 cents. For $4.5K you can get in several sub MGs. I know I would take my low end FA sub gun over my crank 1919a4 any day...

Lets see, I have $600 in my gun, $600 in the tripod, $300 in crank... Thats about all but that was a while back...

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    FA 1919a4s are as cheap as $11K right now.

Before doing all that, I would just save twice as long and get FA.

Lets see, I have $600 in my gun, $600 in the tripod, $300 in crank... Thats about all.

Base guns are going for $1700 shipped now without a Tripod. The Tripod is $500, Crank is $250, Sliencer and Mount is $700, Scope mount is $150, and the Optic is $500. Th labor to thread the barrel is free since Ill be doing the work myself.

I have enough tax stamps already, I cant justify another one.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    ... Sliencer and Mount is $700....I have enough tax stamps already, I cant justify another one.

Seems to be a bit of a conflict? :lol:

Stamps, meaning FA or other items? Of course not knowing what else is in your collection, I might understand. I guess a lot of the time I see people put thousands into a semi when just for a little or double more they could get FA. For the most part I think if you are spending more than 1/3 the price of FA on a semi, you should just keep saving and get the FA. Since I have gotten into FA, really even less. Also you wind up taking a bath if you go to sell it. IMHO.

I am sure it will be cool when you are done. Post pictures please.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    How many shots per crank rotation? Can that be adjusted?

Seems like a cool idea, but I do agree that is a lot of money for a semi autos. Same thing with Ohio Ordnance Works, they have the coolest semi autos you can't get anywhere else but damn they are expensive.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    My Crank, which I don't know if Emory Jones makes anymore, gets about 450rds per min. 6 shots per rotation. It will pump out the rounds and is about as good as you get in semi auto. On mine at least its not adjustable and I doubt any are.

Ohio Ordance BARs are worth the money. I first saw them at $2400 and wish I would have bought one then. It seems semi autos can get as high as half the price of FA so there is room for these to be $10K guns and probably will get close to that when OOW stops making them as they will probably do soon as they continue to run out of parts.

Now the 240, at $10-$13K or whatever its at... thats just wait out of reach of the common gun owner budget and most people sending that kind of money want FA. It seems that $5k is really the upper limit of semi auto MGs. Anything above this and you just will really really limit the buyers. Really you need to be under $4K for most semi auto guys no matter how cool the gun.

I still think a nice OOW BAR would be a good gun to own and would only go up in value in time. Its just one of those guns that everyone likes and will always sell well. Ever met anyone who did not like the BAR?

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    For what my opinion is worth (little) a crank on a 1919 makes sense due to is stationary nature. I would save my FA funds for something more portable

Jack

J & S Gun Sales
    Im going to be taking a .308 Semi 1919 (With Tripod) and making some fun changes for a friend. Im installing his EOtech, YHM 7.62 Q.D. Sound Suppressor, and a Crank Fire system.

Once Im done Im going to make one for myself since I cant afford the Class 3 1919 Version but this is close enough, and still fun.

Total cost is about $4500 with the Gun, 1K links, Crank System, Tripod, Barrel Work, Optics Mount, EOtech, Suppressor (Tax), and Q.D. Mount if it was from scratch.....

Ill likely make a water cooler for it too so I dont kill the barrel.

Just wanted to share the excitement. Ill post pics and videos once done if my friend is cool with it.
    How the heck do you get a suppressor on a 1919 barrel and make it work without the booster cap

Thanks

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    we need a video of that thing on the firing line. silenced hand crank belt fed...whats not to love

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Epps 1919 built something like this sans supressor. Along with a full artillery carriage Gatling and Coffee Mill Gun. It is nice having one of the few places you can play with toys like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom