• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    "On September 17, 1787, the delegates to the Constitutional Convention met for the last time to sign the document they had created. We encourage all Americans to observe this important day in our nation's history by attending local events in your area. Celebrate Constitution Day through activities, learning, parades and demonstrations of our Love for the United State of America and the Blessings of Freedom Our Founding Fathers secured for us."
    http://www.constitutionday.com/

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    You would think this day would hold a higher importance and celebrated more than Labor Day, yet most Americans, myself included (I'll sadly admit my ignorance), don't know anything about it....:sad20:
    Fix it for me. Time to spread the word.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I will celebrate by buying something firearm related today.

Thank You!
    Jim Smith

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    today is a good day to read the constitution. and share it with a friend, preferably a liberal one. show them what liberty means. show them progressive does not equal liberal

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I am guilty of not remembering the date. My 9 year old daughter told me last night that her teacher asked the kids to wear Red, White, & Blue on 9/17. When I asked why she promptly reminded me that it was Celebrate Constitution Day. Needless to say I felt like a dumb ass.

Chriss613

Jul 21, 2012
    I too am guilty of not remembering that today is Constitution Day and feel pretty bad about that. Not making excuses but whenever I think of the 17th of September the anniversary of the battle of Antietam (bloodiest single day in our history) comes to mind.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thread revival ...

Sept 17th is rapidly approaching​
    WorldMag.com By Marvin Olasky -
    Constitution Day is coming
    Thursday, Sept. 17, is Constitution Day, the 228th anniversary of the signing day in 1787 that brought us the great document. But James Madison, often called the “Father of the Constitution,” saw one potential problem in it.

Madison hoped “the vigilant and manly spirit which actuates the people of America” would defend against oppression, but he wasn’t sure that spirit would last: “If this spirit shall ever be so far debased as to tolerate a law not obligatory on the legislature, as well as on the people, the people will be prepared to tolerate anything but liberty.”

Hmm. Are we there yet?
    Read the WHOLE article and then reflect on this image ...

Attachments

• This is the government our founders warned us about.jpg
      This is the government our founders warned us about.jpg
      54.9 KB · Views: 205

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom