• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    My HRA service grade from 4/30 is still on "open" status. That's gotta be shipping soon I would think. #513227

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I didn't know they still had receivers left. I was debating grabbing one and a sarco 308 kit to build.

When you say sarco 308 do you mean bm59? That requires machining the receiver.

The reciever was.......ok.

Like I said, the heal is lightly pitted but smooth and almost impossible to read.

Not refinished by cmp, too much dried cosmo in the corners.

All in all, I'd say I did ok. I may try another 2 and a drill rifle.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    On and off sacro has had 308 garand kits and bm59 kits. I dont want to do a 59.... well I do but ive heard they are a money pit.

I too have thought of having an M1 to shoot the crap out of and the longer I have my very very nice sg I would rather have something else but cant convince myself to spend what a special costs.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Get a field grade,drop a criterion barrel in it and go to town.

I just bought the reciever because I was tired of having extra NOS barrels lying around and figured it would be better to make them into rifles.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    My HRA service grade from 4/30 is still on "open" status. That's gotta be shipping soon I would think. #513227

I am in the same boat HRA service grade order #512838 posted on 4/28 still no movement!!

I'm third in line behind you guys.

HRA Service Grade May 6 Order #: 513951
    Also:
    HRA Service Grade Aug 29 Order #: 531485

They've been e-mailing people for a couple months now, encouraging them to switch to Springfield, because the HRA Service Grades aren't turning up. People who accept the offer have been getting a Springfield very quickly.

They offered to switch me to a Springfield when they sent the DBU for the August order (got it under the wire for the old price!), but I told them I could wait for the HRA.

Here's the DBU I received on August 15. The boldface is in the original.

You have item RM1HRAS listed on your order. The item is currently on backorder & may take several months to be filled depending on what inventory we have. Would you be interested in a Springfield manufactured rifle instead at the same price to receive it faster?
    We haave received and verified your recent order. There is nothing that we will be able to tell you about the order until we have input all orders received ahead of yours into the system. Your order will now advance to our sales area and from there to our shipping area. Please note, that unless otherwise listed, our order to ship time is at least 60 - 90 days. You will receive other emails as the order progresses.

I just hope they don't start sending borderline Field Grades to fill the backorders. I'd like at least one nice HRA.

On the other hand, you guys might seriously consider switching to SA, unless your house is already cluttered with the damn things. Springfields give you a chance at a WWII receiver, and generally might do a little better, or at least move more quickly, if you decide to resell later.

Everybody should have at least one Springfield, and if you guys switch your orders, it'll move me up two steps.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I too just got the email today stating that according to their inventory records based on serial number that they have more HRA rifles than any other so filling the order wont be an issue but it will take a few more weeks.

Since this is the last time that I can choose an HRA, I am going to decline at this time. This way I have a Springfield, IHC and the HRA.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I too just got the email today stating that according to their inventory records based on serial number that they have more HRA rifles than any other so filling the order wont be an issue but it will take a few more weeks.

Since this is the last time that I can choose an HRA, I am going to decline at this time. This way I have a Springfield, IHC and the HRA.

I didn't get that e-mail, but it's good news to hear they see no problem eventually filling the HRA order. I'm not in a hurry, but like you, I want the choice.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Yeah based on the email they have plenty but who knows, they could just be trying to make me feel better. If they had so many, I am not sure why they wouldn't start un-crating them?

Here is my email from Renay from CMP>

"As you may know, the HRA Service grade rifle you requested is currently on backorder. Our serial number records show that we have significantly more HRA serial numbers than any other manufacturer, so there will not be a problem filling your order. However, this may take several weeks.

There is a very limited quantity of Springfield rifles that we have accumulated. We are working the oldest orders first and are now contacting a few customers to offer the option to change the order to this item. Please let us know if you would like to change your order to the Springfield manufacturer at the same grade and price."

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    ****UPDATE

So emailed Renay back this morning stating that I appreciate the offer but I think that I will wait a few more weeks as she stated and thank you for the update.

I just got an email from her stating the following;

"We will leave your order as is; however, it will be at least another 4-6 months before the order can be filled and it is a possibility that it won’t be filled with the manufacture that you are requesting."

How do we go from filling your order will not be a problem and it will take several weeks to we may not be able to accommodate your HRA request and it may take an additional 4-6 months??????

That completely contradicts the email she sent me yesterday and I do not want to wait another 4-6 months to receive a rifle I could receive today. I want an HRA that I ordered in April and I am willing to wait longer for it but I don't want to wait 4 months to receive the scraps of Springfield they have left.

What do you guys suggest, I am afraid a lot of us are in this boat.

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    Here we go again. I got the bug for two new M1s.
    I completed my order for a field grade and a service grade this morning.

Mailed order on 8/30/14.
    Will keep you posted.

Here is the updated info:

Mailed on - 08/30/14
    DBU Email - 09/09/14
    CMP Estore - TBA
    Credit card charged on - TBA
    Tracking number issued - TBA
    Arrival date - TBA

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    I sent another order for 2 more field grades today.

I was happy with the last two.

Dave

Good job Dave. May you buy more in the near future.

I recommend for now on we follow the following format thus readers can track our progress.

Mailed on - TBA
    Email received - TBA
    CMP Estore posting - TBA
    Arrival date - TBA

Thanks

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Those contradictory e-mails are a little strange. It sounds like she was piqued that you didn't accept her offer. Maybe Orest has been cracking the whip, terrorizing the customer service people to clear the backorders.

I'd watch and wait, see if there's more hearsay over at the CMP forum.

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    Here is the updated info:

Mailed on - 08/30/14
    DBU Email - 09/09/14
    CMP Estore - TBA
    Arrival date - TBA

New Update as of 09/16/2014

Mailed on - 8/30/14
    Email received - 9/09/14
    CMP Estore posting - 09/16/14
    Credit card charged on - 09/16/14 (Order # 532819)

Arrival date - TBA

Attachments

• CMP Order.GIF
      CMP Order.GIF
      17 KB · Views: 132

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Just got the e-mail asking if I want to switch to a Springfield, same grade same price. I waited this long, think I'll stick with HRA :shrug:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Go for the Springfield. You might get a WWII receiver, and it'll have a little better resale value, maybe.

And it'll free up an HRA for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom