• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Is anyone being interviewed in an interrogation room (hidden camera, metal table bolted to floor, etc.)?

The room we were in had fingerprinting equipment, camera, etc.

I assumed while sitting there that it was for people asking to have fingerprinting done by request, etc. But it just now occured to me that it's also where they book people being arrested. (Duh! Maybe I AM a blond.)
    :sad20:

So, to answer your question... Close!
    :)

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Earlier, I read where someone from Frederick had to go to Westminster for their interview. When he asked why Westminster, rather than Frederick, the Trooper didn't consider it to be that much of an inconvenience, as I remember it.
    As an aside, I haven't heard of anyone being interviewed at Hagerstown Barricks.

Thanks. My app must be on the bottom of someone's pile. I am *sure* that they are working *very* hard to process these applications.....:rolleyes:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    The room we were in had fingerprinting equipment, camera, etc.

I assumed while sitting there that it was for people asking to have fingerprinting done by request, etc. But it just now occured to me that it's also where they book people being arrested. (Duh! Maybe I AM a blond.)
    :sad20:

So, to answer your question... Close!
    :)

If it's that way at the Barracks then I'll be expecting electrodes, bamboo splinters and nipple clips at the Licensing Division on Monday. After all, it is the belly of the beast. Hell, I'm wearing a cup just incase.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'm at day 37 since the receipt of my application, I got a clear background check within a week of applying and I still have heard nothing. You would think that they would have everything back on me by now.

As I hear it, everything would have been back within 2 weeks, at worst.

I'd guess either you're buried at Pikesville, or waiting for Barney to get to you.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Live & work in Frederick. Had my app in a few days before you. Check cashed, refs called, FtF interview in Westminster on the 4th, no word since.

thanks! Appreciate it. Was the msp trooper based in Westminster? When did you get word to come into for the ftf interview? Thx. again.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Thanks. My app must be on the bottom of someone's pile. I am *sure* that they are working *very* hard to process these applications.....:rolleyes:

I'll get the wife to wear something low cut to get the interviewer's attention. Then I'll look through the stacks to see if I can find yours.

Oh, that's right, the interviewer is a woman. Let's hope she plays for the other team.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    If it's that way at the Barracks then I'll be expecting electrodes, bamboo splinters and nipple clips at the Licensing Division on Monday. After all, it is the belly of the beast. Hell, I'm wearing a cup just incase.

Won't do you any good. No one can resist waterboarding....

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    As I hear it, everything would have been back within 2 weeks, at worst.

I'd guess either you're buried at Pikesville, or waiting for Barney to get to you.
    I'm guessing it Barney, riding in the trunk of a cruiser, or....drum roll please........FILE 13.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Is anyone being interviewed in an interrogation room (hidden camera, metal table bolted to floor, etc.)?

Actually, at the point in time that a trooper uses an interrogation room, I either reschedule with my attorney or ask if the trooper minds if I record the interview.

I'd also ask if they are recording the interview, and if they are lying to me if they indicate no.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    GBMaryland said:
    Actually, at the point in time that a trooper uses an interrogation room, I either reschedule with my attorney or ask if the trooper minds if I record the interview.

I'd also ask if they are recording the interview, and if they are lying to me if they indicate no.

There is no law against the police lying to you.

The police call it an investigation tool :sad20:

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    There is no law against the police lying to you.

The police call it an investigation tool :sad20:

Yepper... but you ask the question anyway. You also ask if they are criminally investigating you.

They are only allow to lie to you if it's a criminal investigation.

If they were to say yes to that... you stop right there and tell you'll answer any questions they have AT THE OFFICES OF YOUR ATTORNEY.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I'm at day 37 since the receipt of my application, I got a clear background check within a week of applying and I still have heard nothing. You would think that they would have everything back on me by now.

I'm at day 29. Besides being very busy they may also be sitting our app's to the side when/if they have app's for people they do consider to have their G&S. Sure they should just go by the date they receive the app. But they are the MSP. I'm sure they do what they want when they want to do it. and we better like it.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    My app. was mailed March 20, supposedly received March 23 (as indicated on the return receipt) and my check was cashed March 26. Apart from the CJIS clearance (dated March 22), I have not heard a peep. Anyone else from Frederick County apply or heard anything?
    You are just 2 days ahead of me on both counts. And I have not heard anything ether.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Combined with absolutely no attention on when anyone app was delivered to them. Some people have been called from app's that were sent after others.

I bet when they get their daily delivery of new app's they just have the 10 wheel dump truck back up and dump them in the pile they most likely leave out side in the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom