• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who made the time, made the effort, and made the noise to prove that a vocal minority really can push back the tyrannical wave we face from the General Assembly's ideologues.

Whether it was MSI, NRA, AGC, MSRPA, any of the other groups, or just the good folks of MDS, we all showed that we really DO have their attention, and the small gains made the past several years were no fluke.

Now that this year's beast has been beaten back, there is legitimacy in the movement. But the key is 'movement'. We can't rest, and can't bask in the win for long.

Congratulations to us, yes... but the issues are still out there, and will not go away until we show growth and resolve, to bring the people within the walls together to fight down the opposition.

I am so proud of all of us who work for the Right. Thanks. I'm fortunate to call many of you my friends!

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    My thanks as well. Hat tip and a salute to the patriots who manned the battle lines in Annapolis.

We owe you guys and gals big time.

Attachments

• yankedoodle.jpg
      yankedoodle.jpg
      20.5 KB · Views: 604

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Congrats and thanks to everyone. They were double-crossed and beaten in VA on carry, and then zeroed in their own backyard. I hope it hurts -maybe enough to induce some retirements, forced or otherwise.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks for being on the front lines (in particular R&R, Silent Partner, and those that stood with them). It was genius to personalize the protest signs and make a variety. That catches media attention and lawmaker attention, especially those being shamed. The pics of the protest line, with these signs, are among the favorite I see in updates here. :thumbsup:

There are legislators to thank too, based on the updates that R&R and DC-W were giving. With the moral backing of the protestors and the resolve of legislators on our side, it's impressive how much bad legislation was beat back. I thought we might score a victory (hate to use this word, because it is not really a gain, but a protection of existing rights) here and there, but it sounds like a clean sweep. :)

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks to all that were fighting the fight. I was beginning to think that our government would pass any stupid law that was introduced. I'm glad to be wrong on this. Good job!

I'm happy to see that some of these gun grabbers seeking higher office don't get to wave their "Gun Safety" laws in voters faces while declaring how much safer they made us.

I do regret not being there to see the expression on AG Flush's face when nothing passed.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Thank you all. I see Hogan made some progress in holding back the Tyrannical government GA. I think in small steps he is working on placing people who will allow
    many more to receive a carry permit.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Agree with Fidelity; (of course I do, cheeseheads rule!)

Take a page from the enemy's playbook and turn it back on them. The signs garnering shame and disgust can and do work both ways.

Fidelity and I saw the exact opposite. We saw the loony left occupy the Wisconsin statehouse, hold rallies for their causes on the capital front lawn. Those were the exact tactics they used. Of course that liberal trash left garbage and crap all over, requiring "clean up" by the state.

I have no respect, patience or any type of compassion for the liberal cause. When they were outside in the sub freezing cold, protesting the passing of the state employee labor union bill (when the dumbocrats ran away), I was sending "well wishes" to them. Use your imagination.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Agree with Fidelity; (of course I do, cheeseheads rule!)

Take a page from the enemy's playbook and turn it back on them. The signs garnering shame and disgust can and do work both ways.

Fidelity and I saw the exact opposite. We saw the loony left occupy the Wisconsin statehouse, hold rallies for their causes on the capital front lawn. Those were the exact tactics they used. Of course that liberal trash left garbage and crap all over, requiring "clean up" by the state.

I have no respect, patience or any type of compassion for the liberal cause. When they were outside in the sub freezing cold, protesting the passing of the state employee labor union bill (when the dumbocrats ran away), I was sending "well wishes" to them. Use your imagination.

Re: the bolded sentence...

This is precisely why, when we began these large(r)-scale efforts, we insisted that our people act responsibly and give the state and the opposition zero reason to look at us as 'gun nuts'.

The Rack Pack found a happy medium among being honest, factual, polite, and refusing to back down to the grabbers.

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who made the time, made the effort, and made the noise to prove that a vocal minority really can push back the tyrannical wave we face from the General Assembly's ideologues.

Whether it was MSI, NRA, AGC, MSRPA, any of the other groups, or just the good folks of MDS, we all showed that we really DO have their attention, and the small gains made the past several years were no fluke.

Now that this year's beast has been beaten back, there is legitimacy in the movement. But the key is 'movement'. We can't rest, and can't bask in the win for long.

Congratulations to us, yes... but the issues are still out there, and will not go away until we show growth and resolve, to bring the people within the walls together to fight down the opposition.

I am so proud of all of us who work for the Right. Thanks. I'm fortunate to call many of you my friends!

Thanks to you to Mr. H. Your vigilance and work helped us all. This session was my first time to help our cause. Sorry for my past negligence. I will not sit on the sidelines anymore. I really enjoyed jumping in to help. I am sure that there are delegates and Senators who are tired of hearing from me. TFB I say.
    I am silent no more

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'm not thanking anyone. I'm fracking bald.

Lol!!

Thank you for that, mr hair. That's how you show support. And thanks to whomever made the donation to the cause.

One of the club members (who to my knowledge has never actually lifted a finger to help our cause), mentioned this weekend that he noticed some progress, he was specifically talking about the elimination of having to redo fingerprints. I gave him and the rest of the club member present that day a run down of the GA events as related to me by MSI. Thanks again to MSI, and a few hundred folks that stand on the vanguard of our freedom. Specifically to a handful of good folks that organized, led and personally sacrificed so much.

In this little victory lap, I want to also suggest many reading this can support like never before by simply registering as a Democrat, and join us in the 2018 DINO movement. Together - We can sabotage several of these tyrannical politicians that keep trying to infringe on our rights. Join MSI, join the NRA, join operation DINO. Let's make Maryland a better place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom