• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Try the armory in annapolis.
    I'll keep that in mind. A&D might not have the best selection in all of AA county, but I haven't seen any place with a better selection in my neck of the woods - sure, it's only a 25 minute drive, but a lot of folks like to stay as local as they can.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I know it's not Glen Burnie, But what ever happened to Bob's Coins and Gun in Annapolis? He was on West st. close to the court house circle then moved way over close to the mall, still on West St. I haven't seen him since the early 80's. He shot at AAF&G.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I know it's not Glen Burnie, But what ever happened to Bob's Coins and Gun in Annapolis? He was on West st. close to the court house circle then moved way over close to the mall, still on West St. I haven't seen him since the early 80's. He shot at AAF&G.

That's where The Armory is now.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Bart's was where I got my trap shotgun and I agree with an earlier post that they definitely helped me out a lot. I was "fitted" and given an impromptu trap lesson that was right on target (oops, was that a pun ;). I am currently looking to get an XDM and will be checking out the shops listed in the thread thanks.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Bart's was where I got my trap shotgun and I agree with an earlier post that they definitely helped me out a lot. I was "fitted" and given an impromptu trap lesson that was right on target (oops, was that a pun ;). I am currently looking to get an XDM and will be checking out the shops listed in the thread thanks.
    There is an XDM in the case at On Target - I don't know if any of the other local shops have it yet.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    On target wouldn't talk on the phone

Funny thing about On Target was they wouldn't talk about the XDM to me on the phone when I was asking them about the XDM but I had left a message with Otto and he talked at length with me. He really is a very nice guy and I think i will be buying what I can through Otto's.

There is an XDM in the case at On Target - I don't know if any of the other local shops have it yet.

hkusp

Dec 9, 2008
    Lanham
    somewhat old thread but good info none the less. I think I'll be checking out gun connection and otto's this weekend.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    I went to A&D when I was looking for a deer rifle the salesman I got was kinda pushy and didnt really listen to what I wanted and kept talking about how I must be looking to break my shoulder. He had a Ruger 77 300win mag not really what I was looking for I told him I would need to think about it that I really wanted a smaller caliber, he said how about I give him my wallet and I can take home the rifle tonight, WTF leaving and when I called I talked to a shorter guy who seemed legitimately nice

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    I'm partial to Scott's for a few reasons. I've been doing business there for at least 5 years I guess. bought a few pistols and a couple long guns there. I know him on a somewhat personal level. I worked with his former brother in law (not married to his sister anymore) for a number of years. Scott and his guys, one is also a former neihbor of mine, are great to deal with.

But also because this is the type of shop I want in town. A guy that does it all, I like supporting the little guy. Scott's always done great work for me with never any suprises. He is very busy so you have to plan accordingly, but that's a good thing.

Buying from the cheapest guy in town is good for you in the short term but buying from the guy that will take care of you and can fix something if it breaks is much better for you in the long term. Not many local people actually do gunsmithing.

I did recently buy a Spike's stripped lower from Select fire mainly because they had it when noone else did. Not a very organized of freindly place but the younger guy was helpful getting things straightened out.

Marshallbrew

Jan 12, 2009
    Westminster, MD
    I've purchased all of my firearms from A&D. I've known Jimmy and Gil for 10+ years. Sometimes I go in there just to shoot the sh*t with them. I currently have my eye on the P90 they have in there.... So does my wife.

rli1973

Dec 2, 2008
    Baltimore
    I have purchased firearms from Barts, Arundel and A&D. I had a good experience from all 3 shops.You also have On Target in Severn.They had a very good selection. The worst experience I had was at Bass Pro. You couldn't even get close to the display case. I went back on a later date and managed to get up to the counter and the prices were the same as the more convenient smaller shops. I plan to ride out to Gun Connection and Continental to Check them out.

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    I think Select Fire burned a bridge for me.

I have tried to support SF because there are so few gun ranges around. Think globally. Shoot locally, and all that.

In the last week, I went to SF twice. The first time they were closed, locked up tight, door down at 3pm on a weekday. Oh well. :wave:

The last time I walked in, one employee came over, opened my gun case (was padlocked for transport) to check my pistol and then he acted like a few loaded clips (none in the handgun) were live hand grenades. :rolleyes:

It was a BFD with the 3 employees present. :nono:

He questioned if I was a LEO or CCW (no, no) and then said loaded loose clips were considered a loaded weapon. :spank:

I can't go there with loaded clips. I could be arrested and lose my guns. Blah, blah, blah. :shocked:

I have to leave now and unload the clips in the parking lot. :outta her

I had to leave a gun range immediately to unload ammo clips in my car or on the parking lot in Glen Burnie. :smack:
    I should handle clips and ammo in my car, outside a gun range, with a pistol within reach. :shocked3: Nah, I don't think so. :wave:
    I drove to On Target. No drama there. On Target has consistently professional and helpful staff. I bought a Family Membership. :gun3:

SF is on my shiet list. OT is my new home, home on the range.

Speaking as a business owner, SF needs a new owner. With new management and, at a minimum, retrained staff, it would, without a doubt, be a much more successful and profitable business. This is a business opportunity waiting to be exploited.

Last edited:

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Yeah I hate SF. They are A$$s in the truest sense. They have always treated me like I was an idiot and give me crap about stuff all the time. They even gave me crap for the bright orange dummy rounds I keep in my clips.

OT is awesome. Last time I went into OT I forgot to take my clip out. It was unloaded of course and I had a barrel lock in. He just politely checked the gun. Took the clip out and put it back in its place in my case and asked if I wanted a lane. Got my lane and went to town.

Dont get me wrong, I know I shouldnt be driving around w/ a clip in the gun (loaded or unloaded).

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    :sarcasm: what is a clip ?

Those Guys at On Target are pretty good and I love the place, Good place...

Just wish they would let me go in there and shoot those guns without my headset to protect my ears, i think it silly for me to wear one because who needs them ...

racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    My wife has done a couple of transfers at Jessup Coin and Pawn over the last few weeks. She has gone in alone and was treated excellently by the staff. She had never done a transfer in MD before and they handled it well with her. They even imbedded the "fever" into her and made her come home and ask for a new 1911. Sweet. Customer for life for that. She said they had a good assortment of stuff too.

Could just be that she is a looker too...lol

High Q

Jan 16, 2009
    Thanks, MRWhiteRabbit, I took a daytrip and followed in your tracks.

Now, I wish you would detail another area for us. Maybe Baltimore County shops...

4Prosales

" Who's YOUR Daddy NOW "
    Nov 3, 2009
    Snipe ??

Norton -have you been there lately ?? ........ drop by Otto's any Saturday afternoon you have free .......things change and you need to know where to look :thumbsup: True his hours "suck" .........but I can't complain with the deals I have gotten.

He is now a Stocking SIG dealer and Glock dealer and Oh yes a Wilson Dealer and the Only Nighthawk dealer in this State [ last I checked ] Nighthawk seems to have dropped MD from their distribution list this year as Otto says no guns have been submitted to him to take to the review Board. Don't know why, unless Nighthawk has found another dealer ?? He also has a good working relationship with Rock River Arms. Sold a bunch of custom "Black Rifles" and being a classIII dealer you can outfit yours with a silencer for $375 +tax stamp

His *new* on the market SIG P-226 20 round pistol [9mm] with fiber optic & tritium front sight - flew out the door ! He tries to stock the high end unusual stuff ....like threaded barrels, special Navy editions Etc.

Since he takes things on consignement .......unless you visit every Saturday you will miss out on some special buys [ I try to be there every Saturday to look over what came in during the week ] From a beautiful $2,000 Mauser to the Norinco Winchester copy of the "Terminator" lever Action 12 ga. Shotgun. You will find almost anything come in there.

I don't mind sharing this location with a few Members here -- but don't everyone rush to this shop -- I want to continue to grab great "used" pistol deals as they come in the door. :party29: -- 15 over the past 3 years.
    The money I have saved allows for more ammo buys :D

Discloser : I have no financial connection to this best kept secret in Glen Burnie.

JF.

Do you know what Otto's hand gun fee is ??

xjmox14x

Feb 1, 2010
    How are these places on ammo prices? I know a lot of people like to reload, but as far as standard factory ammo goes, who has some fair pricing these days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom