• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fax6202

Mar 13, 2013
    Can any FFL weigh in on how the filled out the application and if you tied it to the FFL; carrying Firearms, regularly for sale.

fax6202

Mar 13, 2013
    Also, what about cash receipts, is there a threshold; do they need to be over a certain amount. thanks in advance

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Having a business and making cash deposits is likely one of the easiest ways to get a permit in MD. The permit will be restricted to while doing business, making deposits, etc.

I got mine based on being a retired LEO, but my business partner easily got one based on the firearms business. As I recall they asked him to prove bank deposits for the previous six month period, no dollar amount as specified by MSP.

They were MUCH more concerned with the bank deposits than transporting guns.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Cash deposits are not required per COMAR. The MSP has been trying to change their procedures to make it more and more difficult and making up new rules as they see us growing in numbers applying. The nice thing about an FFL is that you can get the restriction to also allow while transporting firearms or something to that effect. I am not an FFL, just providing some input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom