• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Never seen his head snap up like it did then, haha!

At least one member has a permit. At least two members have pressed for the positive changes we're seeing and are the leading charge behind the MSP overturns. They are not trying to avoid the public, and at that, they'd be in violation of the OMA just like how things were before...

Seriously though. The two I'm speaking of flipped shit when they realized minutes weren't at all available before.

The chairman has not been amused...

Which makes me wonder. They were clearly in extreme violation by not keeping minutes and other aspects of the meetings. Would that be reason enough to dismiss the chairman? I'm not sure what should be done. Do we all just move forward or let the last of the "old regime" take a hit for it all?

Is the chair ultimately responsible?

Also, there is a required 10 day notice as to location and time of the meeting.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Which makes me wonder. They were clearly in extreme violation by not keeping minutes and other aspects of the meetings. Would that be reason enough to dismiss the chairman? I'm not sure what should be done. Do we all just move forward or let the last of the "old regime" take a hit for it all?

Is the chair ultimately responsible?

Good question.

Is there any evidence to suggest that the board was in compliance in the past? That it fell off-path under the watch of this chairman?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Good question.

Is there any evidence to suggest that the board was in compliance in the past? That it fell off-path under the watch of this chairman?

I'm not sure being in compliance in the past even matters. The current chair was not running it according to the OMA and he should be held accountable. I think it was Ironpony who remarked that someone told him to hold off on applying because a beneficial development was eminent. I also heard the same thing from someone extremely close to the situation. Potentially hearing the same thing from another source has me very curious.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'm not sure being in compliance in the past even matters. The current chair was not running it according to the OMA and he should be held accountable. I think it was Ironpony who remarked that someone told him to hold off on applying because a beneficial development was eminent. I also heard the same thing from someone extremely close to the situation. Potentially hearing the same thing from another source has me very curious.

Not suggesting that he isn't liable -- this is all under his watch after all. No excuses, but I have to wonder if the HPRB ever operated even slightly more closely to the way it should have.

Currently, it's been a case of the blind leading lasik patients...

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Not suggesting that he isn't liable -- this is all under his watch after all. No excuses, but I have to wonder if the HPRB ever operated even slightly more closely to the way it should have.

Currently, it's been a case of the blind leading lasik patients...

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I doubt they were even close to being in compliance within the last 20 years.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

The only real way to find out is file a complaint with the OMCB on two counts.

1. Being the lack of minutes from the past.

2. the lack of any remote detail of the current minutes as well the closed session being to hold a vote and the vote "to remain confidential."

I am hopeful that the closed portion is resolving itself, but we will see when they post the closed session paperwork with the minutes.

Having them post minutes makes it even easier to hold them even more accountable to the OMA.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Based on the comments apparently made by Ms. White at the most recent meeting: All future meetings should be moved to Mondawmin Mall. Plenty of parking, plenty of space, and according to her safer than a walk in the park or woods.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Have fun fellas.. :D

Maybe the new plan is to keep people from asking for a hearing.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Based on the comments apparently made by Ms. White at the most recent meeting: All future meetings should be moved to Mondawmin Mall. Plenty of parking, plenty of space, and according to her safer than a walk in the park or woods.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

I wonder just what a FOIA request for past minutes and records of the HPRB would turn up or how they would explain the lack of records that are supposed to be maintained by law? What are the penalties for failure to follow Open Meetings laws?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    One week after meeting(8/18/15) and still no minutes. Just logging this here.
    Next meeting is Tuesday 9/1, 7 days away and venue has not changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom