• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I gave them something like 40 pages of bank shit, not this time. Freaking leases with my tenants personal info, all types of ********.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Any time you write someone a check, they got your account number. I got no problem them seeing my statements. I pays my MD taxes.. :mad54:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I just don't think a random State Trooper needs to have full access to all of that for this purpose.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I just don't think a random State Trooper needs to have full access to all of that for this purpose.

I think you may have posted something that we can both agree on... most States require very little to obtain a permit... MSP wants to probe your cavity... literally... and I'm not a fan of that.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It is not incorrect Tim. You know this as well as anyone here. You needed a professional license. If not a professional, some other form of validation will be required weather it be a business license or something such as LLC or a registered trade name. Without that documentation, you are just another Joe citizen and not worthy of a permit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I needed neither for mine as I do not need a license in Maryland for my business. Yes I have a trade name, but all I offered as proof was the FEIN for the business.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This is why I give a bank letter. It gives them what they want yet gives them nothing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This, and even wrote what I wanted the bank letter to say. The printed on bank letterhead and then signed it.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I needed neither for mine as I do not need a license in Maryland for my business. Yes I have a trade name, but all I offered as proof was the FEIN for the business.

Correct. If they can just verify you own a business, then you should be good. Who knows, may not even need that much once you get to the HPRB.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Even with national reciprocity, we as MD residents are still screwed. We'd still have to get a MD permit and under the current system, it's a no go. Every national reciprocity bill I 've read still gives deference to the residents home state as far as permit issuance laws go. There are 10A concerns with the Fed telling a state it has change it's own permit laws IMO, while it would seem to be be legal to force a state to accept another state's permit under the P&I clause of the COTUS.

IMO the only path to success is to shame the GA into doing something when residents of other states start carrying here while we can't. Or a SCOTUS decision recognizing carry outside the home without the 2A two step.

my .02

ie a MD resident still needs a MD license to drive in MD. i know there is a difference but the concept is similar.

There are no 10a concerns. Even if there where there are easy work around.. via federal permits as a floor not a ceiling.

So why keep saying it and working at cross purposes?

Don't we have enough opposition.

BTW if there were 10a concerns the court could not provide a remedy under 2a for non contidtional carry laws..

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I think you may have posted something that we can both agree on... most States require very little to obtain a permit... MSP wants to probe your cavity... literally... and I'm not a fan of that.

Alabama DL and a NICS check plus $15/year up to 5 years, permitee chooses duration.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Alabama DL and a NICS check plus $15/year up to 5 years, permitee chooses duration.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:... Two thumbs up, Bolts...

my two middle fingers were getting tired...:o

:D

PS... So when IS the house warming TOGA PARTY....?:innocent0

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Be careful, people get testy when you remind them of how it works in the free states.

ps. I hate you :D

:thumbsup::thumbsup:... Two thumbs up, Bolts...

my two middle fingers were getting tired...:o

PS... So when IS the house warming TOGA PARTY....?:innocent0

When you can cocnvince SNI to bring you down. No togas though or I'll put away the good scotch. :party29:

You picked one year no doubt just to see if you liked it and would really use it.:D

Yeah, we'll let you think that. ;)

That's a unique way to handle poverty. I'm gonna bet your were good for the $75 though :D

Yep but whatever works! I sprang for the expensive $75 one for sure.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

My business does not require a trade name filing or FEIN, I currently use SSN and name which is the default for the state of MD. I'm wondering how that might play out?

I have owned an LLC and an S corp in the past but this current set up works best for me right now. So I'm thinking pepper spray training classes.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    My business does not require a trade name filing or FEIN, I currently use SSN and name which is the default for the state of MD. I'm wondering how that might play out?

I have owned an LLC and an S corp in the past but this current set up works best for me right now. So I'm thinking pepper spray training classes.
    This is what I did. It worked. I did provide a bank letter that said I had an account and that it was active.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom