• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    My guess is that if they are moving the meetings out of a "gun-free" MSP barracks (excepting the troopers), that they are just covering themselves in advance.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    My guess is that if they are moving the meetings out of a "gun-free" MSP barracks (excepting the troopers), that they are just covering themselves in advance.
    Exactly. They want to put a safety bubble around themselves against those gun totin CCWers. You know we can't be fully trusted no matter how many databases they check.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    DPSCS' website for the HGPRB has been updated to add this "No firearms allowed unless accompanied by a state-issued badge permitting the possession of handguns on state property," but not the location on the 7/21 meeting.

The paranoia is intense with these incompetent fools.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    UPDATE!!!:

The Handgun Permit Review Board meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month at 6:00 p.m. at 6776 Reisterstown Road (West side of Reisterstown Road Plaza Mall) Central Hiring Unit Conference Room (first floor) Baltimore, Md., 21215.

I've already forwarded this to some board members. :)

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    UPDATE!!!:

The Handgun Permit Review Board meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month at 6:00 p.m. at 6776 Reisterstown Road (West side of Reisterstown Road Plaza Mall) Central Hiring Unit Conference Room (first floor) Baltimore, Md., 21215.

More convenient for me ;) 15 minute drive from work.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Well, at least someone is trying to comply with the 10 day advance notice requirement. Also, while Board members may have a presumption of imminent harm under the MSP's current SOP standards, because they can deprive individuals of their "rights," they are not "badge" holders and therefore cannot come to the meeting armed. Perhaps they will still avail themselves to the mass transit system and take the Metro to Reisterstown? :rolleyes:

makijo

May 31, 2013
    Catonsville
    UPDATE!!!:

And they don't want you to carry...in that area....at night....REALLY !!!

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    So I just happened to be doing a little Googlefu and came upon this on the Maryland Manual On-Line website:

http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/23dsp/html/dsp.html

LICENSING DIVISION
    Capt. Dalaine M. Brady, Commander (410) 653-4502; e-mail: dalaine.brady@maryland.gov

FIREARMS REGISTRATION SECTION
    1st Sgt. John P. Casey, Commander (410) 653-4503; e-mail: john.casey@maryland.gov

LICENSING SECTION
    1st Sgt. Craig Williams, Commander (410) 653-4503; e-mail: craig.williams@maryland.gov

HANDGUN PERMIT
    Vacancy, (410) 653-4509

Anyone good enough with the internet to be able to check an archived version of this website for last month to see what it use to say?

its been vacant all year. i check every week. ;)

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

or the chairman is worried that the 3 (now 4) new members will be carrying.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Well, at least someone is trying to comply with the 10 day advance notice requirement. Also, while Board members may have a presumption of imminent harm under the MSP's current SOP standards, because they can deprive individuals of their "rights," they are not "badge" holders and therefore cannot come to the meeting armed. Perhaps they will still avail themselves to the mass transit system and take the Metro to Reisterstown? :rolleyes:

I actually mentioned the 10 day notice when I emailed the admin. Just wanted to make sure she knew. I guess she did. lol

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    UPDATE!!!:

I think you missed one of the best updates of the site http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/agencies/hprb.shtml

Be advised that a part or all of any meeting of the Handgun Permit Review Board may be conducted in closed session pursuant to law.

Maybe only an inside joke to those of us that have sat in on the meetings so far.

Goggle maps not helping on that location. I guess I will need to get there extra early and drive around the lot a few times.. Been there to the Office of Vital records. All I can say about Reisterstown road plaza....Guess I am going to need to carry the big folder.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I think you missed one of the best updates of the site http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/agencies/hprb.shtml

Maybe only an inside joke to those of us that have sat in on the meetings so far.

Goggle maps not helping on that location. I guess I will need to get there extra early and drive around the lot a few times.. Been there to the Office of Vital records. All I can say about Reisterstown road plaza....Guess I am going to need to carry the big folder.

That disclaimer is required per the OMA. If they hold a meeting and request even a portion of it to be closed to the public, they have to give advance notice. They can open the meeting, then call for it to be closed, but must cite the reason and it must be one of the allowed reasons.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    That disclaimer is required per the OMA. If they hold a meeting and request even a portion of it to be closed to the public, they have to give advance notice. They can open the meeting, then call for it to be closed, but must cite the reason and it must be one of the allowed reasons.

Like I said, you would get the joke if you attended the last two meetings. We will see if things change on the 21st.

Looking at google maps, I think the location is located above Biglots, but I could be wrong. Public Saftey and correctional is on the 2nd floor, and the meeting supposed to be on 1st floor.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Like I said, you would get the joke if you attended the last two meetings. We will see if things change on the 21st.

Looking at google maps, I think the location is not that far away from North and Pennsylvania avenues, but I could be wrong.

FIFY...:innocent0

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Looking at google maps, I think the location is located above Biglots, but I could be wrong. Public Saftey and correctional is on the 2nd floor, and the meeting supposed to be on 1st floor.

I know. They just need some people who know the law and hold them accountable. Video is absolutely allowed and should be used to document all meetings. Whenever there is a quorum of members, it IS an official meeting. They violated the OMA this past Tuesday by not opening their meeting and then closing it to the public to discuss whatever they discussed.

In the minutes that are required by law, they have to document what the reason is for closing the meeting.

This is a sample of the doc.

sample_written_statement_for_closing_a_meeting_under_the_open_meetings_act_copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom