• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ineedone

Apr 14, 2013
    Is anyone planning on attending 'America's Gun Show'?

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I would like to go on Saturday morning, but all I'm looking for are some Pmag magazines. Does anyone know if vendors at this show well Pmags for .308 AR rifles? It seems like everyone has Pmags for a 5.56 AR, but not for .308.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    The last show they had there was dealers with mags for sale all over but I didn't notice what they had as I wasn't really looking for any.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Last 2 shows there I did see PMAGS for AR10.

Thanks. I'll go take a look and see what comes up. I just remembered I ran out of large rifle primers, and I can use some new cleaning jags for my rifles. Somehow, the list gets longer the closer we get to the show.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'll be curious of the number of "I won't sell a long gun to you because you live in MD" dealers there are this time and if any of the ones that turned my dad down still sing the same tune. I think I'll ask each one and then compile a list to post so people dont' waste their time. Or maybe present the list to the show organizers mentioning that this sort of thing discourages show attendance and is not a very "solidarity" move on the vendors part. I know its within their rights to not sell, but its within our rights to mention who is not selling too. And I'm not talking selling an HBAR, My dad was turned down buying a Ruger 10/22 for gosh sakes.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I'll be curious of the number of "I won't sell a long gun to you because you live in MD" dealers there are this time and if any of the ones that turned my dad down still sing the same tune. I think I'll ask each one and then compile a list to post so people dont' waste their time. Or maybe present the list to the show organizers mentioning that this sort of thing discourages show attendance and is not a very "solidarity" move on the vendors part. I know its within their rights to not sell, but its within our rights to mention who is not selling too. And I'm not talking selling an HBAR, My dad was turned down buying a Ruger 10/22 for gosh sakes.

I'm sure there will be some if not alot. I encountered the same issue at oaks earlier this month. Handful said no a couple said yes. This was for a m&p 15-22. Finally found a dealer with the one I wanted well below what was being offered in MD. Would have rather purchased from an IP locally but, this time I needed the hundreds i saved in my pocket.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Please be careful because if guns cause crime, gun shows would be the most dangerous places on earth! I could wet my panties just thinking about all those scary guns in one place. :ohnoes:

I'm sure there will be some if not alot. I encountered the same issue at oaks earlier this month. Handful said no a couple said yes. This was for a m&p 15-22. Finally found a dealer with the one I wanted well below what was being offered in MD. Would have rather purchased from an IP locally but, this time I needed the hundreds i saved in my pocket.

I'll have to agree. It is quite discouraging to wait in line, only to find out that a dealer believes the second amendment does not apply to MD residents. Certainly his right not to sell, but I also reserve the right not to buy anything else from him....ever! I think we neeed to get some MD Shooters Approved bumper stickers for the "good" vendors to display so we don't accidentally spend money with the other guys.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Make them feel the pain.
    Ask them if they sell long guns to Md. And if they say no then say " I was going to buy this (insert non firearm item) but I don't buy from vendors who exclude Marylanders ".

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    MMmmm Hoping for a good deal on some 7.62 ammo. Some non-magnetic would be nice. Do they have 'we wont sell to you' ammo people as well? I know ammo sales to DC residents are unrestricted as long as I have my registration, however I did run into a vendor that was ignorant of this fact in the past.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    MMmmm Hoping for a good deal on some 7.62 ammo. Some non-magnetic would be nice. Do they have 'we wont sell to you' ammo people as well? I know ammo sales to DC residents are unrestricted as long as I have my registration, however I did run into a vendor that was ignorant of this fact in the past.

A relative says an ammo dealer carded him once at Dulles to see where he's from, but I've never been carded at any gun show when buying ammo. I guess some sellers do, but most don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom