• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Does anyone have any informed insight into why the roster board seems to have closed up shop? They haven't had a meeting for months now, and I find it hard to believe there have been zero submissions.

Conspiracy theories not wanted, guys. Let's keep it to "I was told X by someone who would know Y". Any idiot can tell me that "OMG it's a conspiracy by the state!!!"

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    I thought they only meet a couple times a year to review what submissions they have received since the last meeting. I think one of those times is in October. That's all I can remember i'm sure someone will be along shortly with some better facts.

Or e-mail this lady Ms Jenkins she will know. marlene.jenkins@maryland.gov

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Does anyone have any informed insight into why the roster board seems to have closed up shop? They haven't had a meeting for months now, and I find it hard to believe there have been zero submissions.

Conspiracy theories not wanted, guys. Let's keep it to "I was told X by someone who would know Y". Any idiot can tell me that "OMG it's a conspiracy by the state!!!"

They have met, but have not had enough members attend to have a quorum.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They have met, but have not had enough members attend to have a quorum.
    Thank you. That actually makes sense, even if it's rather inconvenient. Do you think that there's any political will now to either reform or remove the roster?

That's a good way to keep guns out of maryland. Never Have a quorum.
    Not helpful, as per my initial post. No conspiracy theories, please.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thank you. That actually makes sense, even if it's rather inconvenient. Do you think that there's any political will now to either reform or remove the roster?

Not helpful, as per my initial post. No conspiracy theories, please.

I don't think so, I think we are stuck with it. BTW, there are quite a few submissions waiting for action. Most are already approved models but caliber specific, most of the submission are to get other calibers approved.

It would appear that they are trying to restrict handguns by only approving specific calibers of a model at a time, instead of an entire line.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    When I submitted my contribution last year it took 2 months of "missed" meetings. I was told one was delayed for weather and the only one because they did not "have enough samples" to meet....Funny I didn't read anything in the made up stupid law that said they needed 5 or more guns to meet.

The lady was polite who I contacted...Marlene or something I think but the system is so botched it's not even funny.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Two weeks ago, I had heard that February 13 was a date that they were surveying members to attend, and there were new firearms to evaluate.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Doesn't seem like 2/13 happened, so I just shot off an email to Marlene asking when we could expect the next meeting. *sigh*

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm just hoping we see some interesting guns for once. Random model/caliber variations are getting boring... I want to see some cool new stuff.

MichaelTech

Feb 21, 2013
    The Maryland Code for Handgun Board is defined in:

MD Code, Public Safety, § 5-404

Meeting is section e which reads:

(e) The Board shall meet at the request of the chairman or of a majority of the members.

So we know that the Secretary of State Police who is the Chairman probably has no interest in calling a Meeting which means that 6 of the Members have to agree to meet for a meeting to take place. So it is up to the 11 Edit: 10 members of board that are appointed to agree to meet for a meeting to take place. So it is up to the 11 member board to decide when it is going to meet by a Majority Request of the 10 appointed members which is 6 of the 10.
    As Erwos has said in his last post the next meeting is March 27, 2014 @ 11:00 A.M.

The docket is set and no more additions can be added to it.

At the top of the page for the Hand Gun Roster they have the Next Meeting date so look there to see if it changes.

I have Emailed to see if the Docket is available to the public before the meeting, I will post what I get back either the response or maybe the Docket.

Last edited:

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    is there a form that citizens can fill out and submit for review with guns they want added?

MichaelTech

Feb 21, 2013
    As promised: I received a reply.

They do not normally Publish the Agenda beforehand.

The Results are Published.

a prompt reply from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom