• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    I just received three of them yesterday. Two in 22LR and one in 22 Magnum. Nice looking little rifles, but they definitely need to release a threaded barrel version.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I just received three of them yesterday. Two in 22LR and one in 22 Magnum. Nice looking little rifles, but they definitely need to release a threaded barrel version.

Are you able to share out the door pricing? Did you get the full length or the compact version?

Thanks.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Are you able to share out the door pricing? Did you get the full length or the compact version?

Thanks.

I have the full length and compact versions. I think I put MSRP on the tag, around $325. If you are paying cash, $300 out the door for MDS members.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    how does this hillbilly get to try everything first???

seriously i would love to get one in both WMR and 22lr, it's a great way to add to my ruger collection, and it uses 10/22 mags, i wonder if you could put an extended mag release like i have on my 10/22

It comes standard on the rifle.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    WOW, this was what I was looking for over a year ago but did not find. I like my Marlin XT22, but if this was available back then, I would have definitely have gone for this one instead. I still shoot my XT22 and so do my kids, but the LOP is too long for #2 son. Drilled sight holes, flip up adjustable rear sight with Fiber on the front, nice touch! I'll be interested when we hear accuracy reports and comparisons to the Marlin and Savage.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    WOW, this was what I was looking for over a year ago but did not find. I like my Marlin XT22, but if this was available back then, I would have definitely have gone for this one instead. I still shoot my XT22 and so do my kids, but the LOP is too long for #2 son. Drilled sight holes, flip up adjustable rear sight with Fiber on the front, nice touch! I'll be interested when we hear accuracy reports and comparisons to the Marlin and Savage.

Since youre in HoCo you should swing by 2A Sales and check them out.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    NEED INFO
    My wife had a Ruger K 22 Bolt action rifle 30 yrs ago and now wants another one for old times sake. I never heard of it. Nor have any dealers I have talked to. If any OLD fogies have heard of it and know where I might obtain one, please PM me. Thanks.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    NEED INFO
    My wife had a Ruger K 22 Bolt action rifle 30 yrs ago and now wants another one for old times sake. I never heard of it. Nor have any dealers I have talked to. If any OLD fogies have heard of it and know where I might obtain one, please PM me. Thanks.

Create a new thread. How many people with info are likely to see/respond to an off-topic hijack?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    On Target has 2 of the Ruger American Rimfires.
    I did not check it out, they were busy and I had to head out.
    $279

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thank you for the heads up! Just got home from there. I bought one. They have one left. :)

Congrats! Looking forward to your range report on your new Ruger American (in 22LR?). :) Perhaps you can run it up against one of your other favorite 22LR bolt action rifles (you've provided advice to me on this front in the past).

With the distraction of SB281 reprioritizing the timeline of some of my purchases, I deferred getting a CZ 22LR blot, especially as my 11-yr old, new to shooting, has two other 22LR options (a BL-22 and a 10/22 takedown) to use that he enjoys (esp the Browning - so much fun), and hasn't committed as yet to get involved in competitive shooting. However, I have been jonsing to get to get a 22LR bolt action rifle now that I can start to think about nonbanned firearms again. The ability to use 10/22 mags in the new Ruger is very appealing.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    fidelity, it's going up against my Radom Wz48 and Winchester 68 if weather cooperates this weekend. I'll probably bring my Henry lever octagon too. Not apples for apples but what the hey. I cleaned and assembled the American on Saturday. Very nice overall. The magazine flexibility is what puts it over the top for me compared to, say, Savage (closest competition, I think). I'm still going to get a CZ, probably this winter. Nothing I've seen other than higher-end options like your BL-22 and Henry Golden Boy match CZ for overall quality. For me, CZ has a great old-school look and feel that many alternatives seem to lack.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    For me, CZ has a great old-school look and feel that many alternatives seem to lack.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for old-school aesthetics (e.g. my first Mini-14 had to be the ranch model with a wood stock), which is why the CZ also has lingering appeal, beyond its reputation of being a mechanically superb shooter. Like you, I might eventually end up with both a CZ and the Ruger American.

I also want another Takedown now, in camo with the threaded barrel. Unfortunately on Sunday, the wife asked just how many handguns/rifles I had as she sees me packing different ones going to the range on the weekends (mind you, this hobby/affliction started only a year ago for me, simultaneous to joining this website). I truthfully answered, although I failed to mention the number of lowers that I currently have on order. Unlike the ATF (or state of Maryland), she probably won't classify them as firearms ... yet.

Hope the Ruger American shines in your 22LR shootout!

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Unfortunately on Sunday, the wife asked just how many handguns/rifles I had as she sees me packing different ones going to the range on the weekends (mind you, this hobby/affliction started only a year ago for me, simultaneous to joining this website). I truthfully answered, although I failed to mention the number of lowers that I currently have on order.

I stopped counting a long time ago. So when I get a new one and my wife sees it and inevitably asks how many I already have, I honestly say I don't know. It works for me, so far. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom