• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joker

Jan 31, 2009
    Harford County
    I have to wait til Friday to get the lid latch so once I install it I will post an update.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    We remodeled a few years ago with all Whirlpool/Kitchenaid - it's all garbage.

OP, I had a Whirlpool Dryer go up last year. I found a rebuild kit from Amazon for around $90 and did a full rebuild myself. It was fun, easy, and took maybe 2 hours.

Washers and dryers are very simple machines. Once you open them up, you also will realize how crappily they are build.

I dont think highly of any of the new appliances...especially when they offer a 1 or 2 year replacement of parts/or whole unit. This tells me they dont think it will last 2yrs...apart from buying the "insurance".

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Im sure it's all fine stuff, protegeV:innocent0

Now, kitchenaid stuff is supposed to be pretty good these days.

I agree, they used to be. But these days, aside from their high end stuff, they're just tanking. Washers and dryers are ruled by the likes of Kenmore elite, LG and Samsung.

meh, It's what my wife wanted. It was also the most cost efficient for the features we wanted. I manage to get a SWEET deal on a scratch/dent french door fridge the same day I sold my old fridge on craigslist. If anything breaks, Ill fix it :D

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    similar problem happened with my kenmore washer, wouldn't drain or go to spin cycle. Google showed several postings on you tube about the lid switch. You can bypass the switch to be sure it's the problem and use the machine temporarily using the bypass. I jumped the lid switch and used the machine like that for a while. The switch is for safety to prevent anyone from sticking their hand in while in spin cycle, it would cause a serious injury if that happened. It is a common fail for many machines and replacing the switch circuit is a big job because it runs around inside the cabinet to the panel in the back of the machine. You tube probably covers your machine or a Maytag that is close in design.

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    It may pay to contact the manufacturer when an appliance fails. I had a GE dishwasher out of warranty that had a motor mount fail. I called and they agreed to give me a new motor with the mounts attached for free if I could install it and give them the old motor. It took about 2 hours to get it out but less to install the new one. It's been good since then, probably about 10 years. Most of them are simple machines, except for the circuit board, which is probably replacable if it can be identified as the problem.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    similar problem happened with my kenmore washer, wouldn't drain or go to spin cycle. Google showed several postings on you tube about the lid switch. You can bypass the switch to be sure it's the problem and use the machine temporarily using the bypass. I jumped the lid switch and used the machine like that for a while. The switch is for safety to prevent anyone from sticking their hand in while in spin cycle, it would cause a serious injury if that happened. It is a common fail for many machines and replacing the switch circuit is a big job because it runs around inside the cabinet to the panel in the back of the machine. You tube probably covers your machine or a Maytag that is close in design.

We had a lid switch BREAK OFF of it's mount, due to an overloaded washer.
    (My wife will throw sooooooooooo much stuff into the washer, it's ridiculous!)

Trible's had the switch. Washer back in service, in less than 1/2 hour. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Joker

Jan 31, 2009
    Harford County
    OK this washer is toast. Had a buddy feck the switch, board and motor. All three are toast. He thinks something went wrong in the board and fried the other two parts in the process. Definitely not worth fixing once you add up the parts prices. Talked to Whirlpool,they gave me the run around since it is out of warranty, and they basically told me to pound sand without saying the words. Now we are looking at a Samsung.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom