• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Not affiliated with Aliengear in any sense (other than being a customer)..just passing along.

Went online to buy an IWB holster and was able to buy 2 for less than $70 bucks (that includes shipping....)

They have a deal where you can buy two holsters (for two different firearms) for around $50 (mine came out more as I bought other options).

Anyway..just passing along....makes a good hint to the wives for Christmas!

http://aliengearholsters.com/holste.../alien-gear-2-holster-combo.html?options=cart

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Ordered 6 weeks ago. Contacted them Friday and was told it would still be a few weeks before production. Not a chance you'll get one of these before xmas

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I've had one for a few months.

It does ok but is not as comfortable as the CBST. The bonus for me is it does not make any noise and my CBST creeks like I have a mouse in my pocket.

revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    I ordered a set IWB for M&P, and OWB for PPQ.

Made my order on Oct 12 and they were delivered on Oct 17. I think they are good quality.

I have a Theis IWB for the PPQ, a Phlster access and Kingtuk, for the M&P.

I easily favor the Aliengear over those. But my opinion may be anecdotal because I dont have a ccw, so I only 'carry' at home (hope to try IDPA eventually).

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    I've had one for a few months.

It does ok but is not as comfortable as the CBST. The bonus for me is it does not make any noise and my CBST creeks like I have a mouse in my pocket.

My CBST is the same. Thats why I got one of these on order

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I like them. Nothing to compare against, it is my first IWB, mine got less noticeable as I wore it and now it is "formed" tot he spot I wear at.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I have a Crossbreed and Alien Gear. Alien Gear's method of retention adjustment is too bulky. If you form the kydex properly you won't need any retention adjustments and being inside the waistband, you don't need extra retention. They are cheap and I guess do what they are designed to do, but for me they are not very good and not comfortable enough as a daily holster.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have the owb.
    Mine sucks ass. Zero retention. And by that I mean the pistol just rests in there. I don't need it to stay in while shaking it upside down but I don't need it to rock back and forth while holstered either.
    You get what you pay for. And for $35, it's not worth a phone call and trip to mail it back to them.
    Worst holster I've ever owned in almost twenty years of buying and wearing holsters.
    I'm sure they get no complaints from the iwb model. But anyone who knows anything about owb carry and prefers that, knows this is a dog turd.
    I have it for a Sig MK25 (P226)
    It appears they aren't molded for a specific pistol, but generic for a "double stack, full size semi auto".

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hmm, I thought they molded for specific firearms. I picked up 3 IWB and every one is fit to the exact firearm. The IWB have adjustable tension, by tightening the screws and compressing the rubber washers. And mine came with different rubber washers, medium installed, short and tall in the package with the holster.

I carried an XDs 3.3 in .45 for a long weekend in VA. I felt it worked quite well.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Hmm, I thought they molded for specific firearms. I picked up 3 IWB and every one is fit to the exact firearm. The IWB have adjustable tension, by tightening the screws and compressing the rubber washers. And mine came with different rubber washers, medium installed, short and tall in the package with the holster.

I carried an XDs 3.3 in .45 for a long weekend in VA. I felt it worked quite well.
    The leather just doesn't give enough support/resistance, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the pistol being able to rock forward and back some.
    Maybe I should try the ol heat gun trick to mold it? I dunno. No big deal.

By default an IWB is "safe and secure" tucked inside the waistband with a belt wrapped around it. IWB's really do not need retention per say. Retention with anything kydex is almost a misnomer anyway unless there are some available with thumb snaps.

Maybe the proper term is "fit and finish". But kydex with leather doesn't mix well to make a good a holster as an all kydex or all leather.

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    Got one, the new one that is called 2.0. Its pretty good.

Shipping is slow just due to overwhelming volume.

The holster is comfortable, retains weapon well, and has plenty of adjustment. Good deal for the price.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I have the Alien Gear Cloak 2.0 IWB and wear it practically every day. It is more comfortable than my old Crossbreed. The neoprene backing truly makes it a lot more comfortable than leather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom