• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Poonbag

Feb 21, 2010
    So. Anne Arundel Co.
    My wife's Grandfather showed me his single shot Stevens model 940a 20 gauge shotgun with the irish setter on engraved on the side. I have seen many pictures of similar ones with the breach release on the top but this has it on the side. He had talked about giving it to me and I was wondering if anyone knew what year it stevens tool company/savage arms was making the model 940a (I cant find 940a in google). And if anyone knows how much it would be worth, it is in fantastic condition. Could I use rifled slugs in it or should I stick to shot? I really dont want to mess it up but want to be able to enjoy it.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    $150?

Sure, you can shoot Foster type slugs. Don't know about the year. A serial number would help. Also google up the Stevens Arms Collectors for more info

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Neat thread. I just came in to a Stevens single shot 94F in .410 from a buddy of mine. I don't know much about the Stevens line, but, is there a way to check the date on these guns as well ?

Ok just noticed the date code link. So, will it be safe to say that anything with an "F" IS 1954 or is there more to the code not offered on the site ?

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Neat thread. I just came in to a Stevens single shot 94F in .410 from a buddy of mine. I don't know much about the Stevens line, but, is there a way to check the date on these guns as well ?

Ok just noticed the date code link. So, will it be safe to say that anything with an "F" IS 1954 or is there more to the code not offered on the site ?

With Stevens guns, that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom