• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    LOVE the photos ...
    LOVE the rifle ...

But couldn't help noticing the hat and coat. It's the first time I've seen those on an actual person. :innocent0

Attachments

• FH1.jpg
      FH1.jpg
      55.4 KB · Views: 166
    • FH2.jpg
      FH2.jpg
      49.6 KB · Views: 167
    Last edited:

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    LOVE the photos ...
    LOVE the rifle ...

But couldn't help noticing the hat. It's the first time I've seen that one on an actual person. :innocent0

Ha! Cool comparison. I also noticed that the guy in standing in the back right part of that picture looks like he's holding his fist up almost like he's flipping the camera the bird

scouse

Mar 6, 2013
    Havana on the Severn
    Very, very interesting - I envy you having the photos and the guns in your hands. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Has anyone noticed that, in the first three photos, Great, great granddad has a cord of some description in his right hand? I'm guessing that he has rigged the camera to operate it remotely so that he can be in on the shot - Perhaps one of the first "selfies". Again, I love the photos.

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Those pictures are a true treasure, not many survive that long. Kinda' chokes me up looking at the faces locked in time along with the rifles and hunting gear. Love the tent.

Wanted to see the picture a little better and the little ugly guy in the center with the rabbit. Hope you don't mind:

0fix.jpg

j/k the rabbit isn't ugly

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Wow Dan. That's incredible. I'd love to have any pictures of my great grandfathers when they were running around Southern Illinois but by the time our family had the scratch to buy a camera, one was 90 and the other was dead. They were, according to family lore, quite the outdoorsmen and hunters. Having something like that Savage that has been passed down and cared for is incredibly special. Thanks for sharing.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Wow, I would love to find a piece of family history like these photos and have the rifle that was captured on the film. Very nice.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Great family history, nothing beats that. Having a 99 from your Great Great Grandfather is priceless and in 38-55 at that, really does not get much better than that.
    Enjoy and cherish the pictures and the rifle.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Forgot to mention I have another picture of the mystery deer/goat :D

That shot looks more like a deer. We have goats, and the tail on that one isn't a goat's tail, and the ears look like deer ears. Furthermore, even female goats have horns in all but a few rare instances. Lots of domestic goats are "disbudded" when they are young these days, but I kind of doubt that's the case here. Also, it's obviously winter, and as furry as that animal seems to be, most goats get even heavier coats than that in cold weather.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Ammo is quite expensive, thankfully my Grandpa has several boxes stored already. I've never shot it before, but after thinking about it some more, I'm going to next chance I get.

That is a well cared for gun to be in that condition after all these years. Worth putting a few rounds thru it since you have some. Nice family find. I always find this stuff very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom