• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wjackcooper

Feb 9, 2011
    “Sounds like they got fyocked.”

Also looks like it:

All three of the judges were vetted and appointed by the Clinton administration . . . at least two, or more probably three strikes before getting up to bat.

This type of “reasoning” (interest balancing and never mind what the overwhelming weight of the evidence shows)* would have produced a different result in Heller.

The Second Amendment, once again, becomes meaningless in the hands of its adversaries.

Regards
    Jack

*“Sunnyvale’s interests in promoting public safety and reducing violent crime were substantial and important government interests.”

Last edited:

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    Maybe the more informed folks can clue me in, but it seemed odd to me that the 9th Circuit would have a District Court Judge sitting on the panel. And not only that, but a District Court Judge from outside the 9th Circuit.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Maybe the more informed folks can clue me in, but it seemed odd to me that the 9th Circuit would have a District Court Judge sitting on the panel. And not only that, but a District Court Judge from outside the 9th Circuit.

That happens when a case load is too high for a given court's current judges.
    Sandra Day O'Connor has sat by designation on several panels, and Judge Scullin of Parker fame is from NY but given several DC cases to handle.

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    I guess the difference in my mind is that Scullin is a judge on Senior Status, effectively retired and in this case the judge is an active one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom