DSC_3013.jpg
      67 KB · Views: 1,560
    • arx100.jpg
      arx100.jpg
      64.9 KB · Views: 1,470
    Last edited:

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    I'm really interested in one of these at some point. Are they as big as they look in pictures?

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Just looking at the picture it seems bulky for a 5.56 rifle, but after the videos it makes me think its kinda cool. Maybe????

Dean5791

Remington Fan
    Mar 25, 2010
    I held in Frederick the other day and thought it was a toy. I see the benefit of having a super light firearm in combat but for me, this felt almost ridiculous.

BBossman1

Mar 11, 2009
    Kensington
    Picked up a Tactical Guppy from Engage. Fast, easy deal made even faster as I had to hasten my retreat when I saw the guys were in the back, stripped to the waist, slathered in CLP using shake weights. Least I think they were shake weights.

a5aqy3eq.jpg

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Let us know what you think of it after you've sent a few downrange.

Standard threads on the barrel so any AR brake will work?

BBossman1

Mar 11, 2009
    Kensington
    Let us know what you think of it after you've sent a few downrange.

Standard threads on the barrel so any AR brake will work?
    Yes, 1/2"-28. If you haven't checked these out, I urge you to do so. Out of the box it feels solid. The more I dig into it, the more impressed I am with the innovation.

The sights blow! They work, but damn they sit high and wide. The rear is like peeking thru a knot hole in a fence. I put a set of DD sights on it. 100% improvement.

I'm going to try and get out this weekend to sight it in. Then I plan to abuse it by running 10 mags thru it non-stop to see if it melts. Beretta claims the ARX160 can handle 13 full auto mag dumps before heat becomes an issue.

Beretta claims it runs with very little lube. The manual states the only places to lube are the extractor/ejectors and the bolt cam so that's all its going to get.

We'll see...

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I'm interested in one of these but with the amount and quality I have now of sporting rifles i don't need a safe queen. When I touched one it seemed ok but I didn't pull the trigger so to speak in buying it., looking forward to your review.

BBossman1

Mar 11, 2009
    Kensington
    Sorry it took so long to get back to this. I was able to get the ARX out last Sunday and put 300rds of CBC 62gr through it.

I was shooting in a friends backyard so we were limited to about 50yds. I was getting groups about 3-4", which doesn't sound impressive because I suck. 3-4" is about what I can do with my open sight AR's and AK's, so this is a case of "the singer, not the song".

I put 5 magazines through it in quick singles and doubles, keeping the hits on target and only stopping to change magazines. I got the barrel smoking pretty good, but the upper around the barrel never got too hot to handle, no hotter than an M4 with plastic hand guards.

My buddy is a lefty so it was good chance to try the ambi features. The switch was easy even when hot. My friend is primarily a bolt gun, lever gun, pump shot gun guy, with his only auto loader experience being his 10/22 and my AR's and AK's. He was able to get some 2" groups his first time with the ARX. He's an all around better shooter than I am anyway.

I pulled the barrel while still hot using a towel and left it laying on the table while we changed targets. I used the towel again to snap the barrel back in and shot up the last magazine. Other than one 2" group, the ARX maintained my lousy 3-4" groups, even after removing and replacing the barrel.

The controls take a little getting used to. The trigger, selector and magazine release are generally laid out like an AR, but just different enough that I found myself readjusting to hit them. Muscle memory defined.

The trigger is heavy, heavier than a milspec AR, it is however crisp with littler perceived creep. Its definitely not a target trigger, but its definitely very shootable. Some have described the selector as stiff, if you play with it a bit, you'll notice that its actually pretty smooth, but the detents are very "positive" so it takes effort to over come them.

When I broke it down for cleaning, it didn't really need any so I didn't. I'm also not going to add any lube to it. I'd like get 1k or more through it without any cleaning or PM, unless it chokes and forces me to so it will run again. Hopefully, I'll get out again soon with more time and dump another 3-400rds through it.

Do I think the ARX is a giant killer? NO Do I think its going to replace the AR as Americas favorite rifle? NO I think the ARX is going to make a nice popular niche gun if Beretta can live up to supporting it with barrels, calibers and accessories in a timely manner... cough... cough... BOTTOM RAIL!

So far I like the ARX and I'm very happy with my purchase from Engage.

b8e1c50c-15dc-4b34-9086-d721cd25f142_zpsa89b5853.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom