Is this an HBAR? Looks like a screaming deal....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    All of the M&P Sports I've seen are thin under the handguards, but do not have the slot forward of the front sight, so I would think that they are not HBAR. However, some MD dealers do sell them as HBAR.

Fury00

May 5, 2014
    Harford
    You have to find a FFL that will accept it. I know alot of dealers around here think its illegal. J&K Pawn sells it as and HBAR, Idk if they would do the transfer for you or not. You also have to find the one with a 10 round mag

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    You have to find a FFL that will accept it. I know alot of dealers around here think its illegal. J&K Pawn sells it as and HBAR, Idk if they would do the transfer for you or not. You also have to find the one with a 10 round mag

Yeah, finding a dealer is the crux. Ironically, it would be easier to ship to an FFL in PA, VA, or DE because you could take possession of the mag.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    If they're still made like this, doesn't look like HBAR to me, though it doesn't look as thin as a M16A2 or M4 profile barrel.

SAM_0166.jpg

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I've had friends buy an M&P15 with that exact barrel as regulated before 10/1, as well as friends who have bought the exact same model with the same barrel profile as unregulated from MD dealers, both before and after 10/1.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Save your money. Non HBAR and no forward assist or dust cover. Paperweight machined in the style of an AR.

Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    Got one exactly as shown several years ago - Serious fun to shoot. Scoped getting 2" groups at 100 yards consistently off rest. No forward assist and no dust cover reduces cost which is ok with me as it's a sport model and used as such. Never a jam or failure. Check reviews online. I highly recommend this rifle for recreational shooting at a great price.

Attachments

• AR-15 scope.JPG
      AR-15 scope.JPG
      33.3 KB · Views: 769
    • AR15.jpg
      AR15.jpg
      64.3 KB · Views: 777

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD
    Got one exactly as shown several years ago - Serious fun to shoot. Scoped getting 2" groups at 100 yards consistently off rest. No forward assist and no dust cover reduces cost which is ok with me as it's a sport model and used as such. Never a jam or failure. Check reviews online. I highly recommend this rifle for recreational shooting at a great price.

Ive got the same one. The lack of forward assist or dust cover is no big deal. Ive run about 1000 rds of cheap steel case Tula through mine, and had exactly 1 failure, which I believe was Magazine related

backhome426

Aug 26, 2012
    SouthCounty

The seller will remove the mag from the box before shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom