• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    (As to return of firearm used defensivly) It varies from county to county. In PG Co any firearm that results in the death of a person ( felonous, justified , suicide , accident , whatever ) has a 75 year hold. Make sure you specifically mention it by s/n in your will.

:wtf::shocked::shocking:

Dumbass PG county.:mad54:

So the moral of the story here is, if you defend yourself do it with a cheap gun. :sad20:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    So the moral of the story here is, if you defend yourself do it with a cheap gun...

That's always been good advice. In any jurisdiction, you're safest just assuming you'll never get your gun back again. If you eventually do, consider it a bonus.

A corollary often overlooked: You need a backup gun. "Two are one and one is none."

After you shoot that gangsta thug and the cops congratulate you on a good shoot and drive away with your gun "for evidence", whatcha gonna do when the thug's homeboys come after you? You are going to want a second gun which is at least as good and capable as your primary.

If your primary is a Glock 26, you're going to wish you had a second Glock 26 in that situation, rather than that C&R P1 you got real cheap from SOG.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/handguns/surplus-handguns/walther-p-1-pistols-9mm.html

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I'd never shot a Glock (which I considered to be the most dangerous handgun made), and wanted to check it out. I loved the gun, found it exceptionally accurate and still think it's the most dangerous gun made.
    OK, Now you're going to have to elaborate on that statement for me.

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    I don't care what the gun costs... If it saves my or a loved one's life, that's money well spent. I'll be alive to replace it.

The ones with sentimental value that I've inherited stay in the safe.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I won't say a defensive gun has to be *cheap* , but I will say it should be *replacable* . A heirloom , or a particularily rare historical piece shouldn't be first choice.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm not the OP , but here goes on the refrenced theories on Glocks ( just reporting ) :

There is a line of thinking that Glocks are partucularly hazardous due to the combination of relativly short and light trigger w/o a manually operated safety other than on face of trigger. This could lead to indavertent discharges in stressful situations by firing the gun earlier than expected due to ( physiological flight or flight effects ). And an increase in truely accidental discharges when holstering , finger in trigger gaurd , part of holster accidentally enter trigger gaurd , clothing accidentally enter trigger gaurd , etc. These reasonings would also apply to most safe action-ish similar striker pistols , but Glock has first to be popular in LE service. Glock specific complaints include needing to pull trigger to field strip , and needing to pull trigger to fit gun into factory plastic box.

Annnnnd . Yes , in the early days of Glocks there were some AD's with LE issue Glocks. While still a small number of incidents in any absolute sense , there were/ are some. In some instance within specific Agencies the before/ after showed a seemingly large percentage increase. This caused anti-Glock feelings in some LE management , and in some LE rank& file groups.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I'd never shot a Glock (which I considered to be the most dangerous handgun made), and wanted to check it out. I loved the gun, found it exceptionally accurate and still think it's the most dangerous gun made.

Because it's plastic and you will blow your eye out? :eek: Saturday night specials and a host of others will disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom