So DC gets constitutional carry, but not Md ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Not a surprise.

Per Emily Miller: STUNNING DEVELOPMENT: DC Police Chief Lanier just told force not to arrest a person who can legally carry a gun in DC or any state.

Trying to get further confirmation on this.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    And still more from Emily Miller FB: Per DC Police Chief Lanier, the only gun arrests allowed now are DC residents with unregistered guns and non-residents who are prohibited under federal laws from possessing firearms. Everyone else is in the clear.

Still working on get confirmation from another source, but thus far this looks legit.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    How about DC not appeal. Just pass a new law tomorrow. Wouldnt that start the process over?

It would still have to pass Constitutional muster per the order. Illinois had to go throughout this with the 7th Circuit until they got it right.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It's amusing to realise that I can carry in DC, but I'd have to secure the firearm off my person in order to get there.

My my, my Maryland. So bassackwards.

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    Who's carrying in DC tomorrow? :-)

You'd have to be out of your mind. First you're risking getting shot. Second, there's nothing to stop them from arresting you. Third, if they get a stay (and they almost certainly will immediately considering the far reach and impact of this decision), you get to play let's make a deal with the prosecutor or wait and hope you don't wind up spending a year in jail and losing all rights to firearms for the rest of your life. No thanks.

Patience is critical here.

Stoic58

Jan 10, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Rather than risk carrying in DC, it's much more entertaining--for the short term--to sit back and watch the City Council stew in it while they ponder what they will do next.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    You'd have to be out of your mind. First you're risking getting shot. Second, there's nothing to stop them from arresting you. Third, if they get a stay (and they almost certainly will immediately considering the far reach and impact of this decision), you get to play let's make a deal with the prosecutor or wait and hope you don't wind up spending a year in jail and losing all rights to firearms for the rest of your life. No thanks.

Patiently waiting for MD to get their act togther

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Eleanor Holmes Norton is like the Rev Jese and Al. Holdovers from the civil rights era who still think the best way to move your agenda forward is to play the race card. Dinosaurs whose time has come and gone IMO.

tjv4163

Jun 27, 2012
    21234 city side

Guess you missed what the police chief said.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Hopefully, if any stay is granted, it will take months. :fingerscrossed:

So crime statistics can be compared as a before and after snapshot. The numbers would disprove governmental theory of more guns = more crime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom