Larry Hogan "supports" the second amendment...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Not much slim about my fingers. The SLIME, though....

:D

After the meeting I attended tonight, I think this will be a very interesting--and fun--election season. Assuming, of course, everyone puts in some time supporting the candidates we need to start turning this crate around.
    Yea, I missed an e. Hope its not contagious.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    Many of us are doing just that, for any number of reasons... but all of them are geared toward electing good folks for the next phase. It's a long term process.

That's fine. You can do that if you wish. I cast no aspersions on those who choose to do so. I just choose not to, myself.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    You persist in blaming the parties for not letting you vote in their primaries even after being told repeatedly that you can in fact vote in either primary you choose by you consist on falling back on the tired old moral high ground crap.

Fact, I cannot choose to vote in a primary unless I change affiliation. Moral High Ground Crap?

What do you want the Republicans to do, come to your house and change your affiliation for you so that you can vote R?
    Nope. That's the very crux of the (now pointless, repetitive, boring and finished) argument.

Well, that ain't an option.
    Obviously. But that makes my opinion no less valid.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Storm...

Here is something you can do...

Get in contract with your county Republican Central Committee, as well as the state Committee, and work with them on the ongoing effort to adapt the voting process for the best effect.

You can still have a voice in the process, and maybe accomplish something for all of us who would rather remain "unaffiliated".

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    Storm...

Here is something you can do...

Get in contract with your county Central Committee, as well as the state Committee, and work with them on the ongoing effort to adapt the voting process for the best effect.

You can still have a voice in the process, and maybe accomplish something for all of us who would rather remain "unaffiliated".

That is valuable advice. Thanks!

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I had dinner last night with a couple of friends who are rabidly liberal and democrats (of course!). Both told me (I didn't bring it up) that Brown was dumber than a bag of rocks but they just could not bring themselves to vote for anyone except a democrat.

I tried to convince them that if nothing else, voting for Hogan would at least send a message to the democratic party in Maryland that people (even democrats) are fed up with all the taxes, fees, political shenanigans, all the bottom ten lists Maryland is on, etc., etc. My friends are not dumb by anyone's definition but yet they still can't get past the hysteria that democrats and liberals associate with conservatives and republicans.

Somehow, the word has to be yelled loud and clear that expecting things to change by voting for more of the same is just insane as per Einstein's definition.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I had dinner last night with a couple of friends who are rabidly liberal and democrats (of course!). Both told me (I didn't bring it up) that Brown was dumber than a bag of rocks but they just could not bring themselves to vote for anyone except a democrat.

I tried to convince them that if nothing else, voting for Hogan would at least send a message to the democratic party in Maryland that people (even democrats) are fed up with all the taxes, fees, political shenanigans, all the bottom ten lists Maryland is on, etc., etc. My friends are not dumb by anyone's definition but yet they still can't get past the hysteria that democrats and liberals associate with conservatives and republicans.

Somehow, the word has to be yelled loud and clear that expecting things to change by voting for more of the same is just insane as per Einstein's definition.

And this is why Hogan has not been screaming about the gays and the abortions.

They might be the example of "Insanity is doing the same thing" but I bet there are others who are less crazy.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Here is a chance to come out to an event in support of our own D32 candidate Tim Walters (Aug 20 in Crownsville), where Larry Hogan will be in attendance.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/family...rry-hogan-and-tim-walters-tickets-12479613861

Come out and show your support for your 2A rights by backing Tim, and maybe folks can have a chance to speak to Hogan as well.

The fact that Hogan will be at an event to help a decidedly Pro-2A and Pro-Constitutional candidate like Tim should speak to the doubters, at least a little.

Last edited:

blacklab25

Mar 26, 2013
    Mardela Springs
    Why do you want to push Hogan for answers? Are you trying to make him answer and possibly push away the middle support that he NEEDS to win? Are you trying to make him answer so Brown gets more support? You know if he answers the media will blast it all over the news and papers, hurting his chances even more. So what if he hasn't come out and said exactly how he feels about 2A. I have news for everyone, being a 2A supporter, we are in the minority. Hogan should already have your votes just because he is NOT Brown. You already know what Brown has to say about 2A. Pushing Hogan for answers was something that needed to happen in the primary. He is the candidate now, support him regardless of what he comes out and says or doesn't say. Otherwise go put a Brown sign in your yard.

blacklab25

Mar 26, 2013
    Mardela Springs
    Mr H, I don't mean to sound like I'm blasting you. I should have read your post a little better first, it sounds like you do support Hogan but I feel questioning him more for the doubters would hurt his chances even further with what the anti gun media would write or say about it.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Mr H, I don't mean to sound like I'm blasting you. I should have read your post a little better first, it sounds like you do support Hogan but I feel questioning him more for the doubters would hurt his chances even further with what the anti gun media would write or say about it.

I reworded my post... you tripped over the part I wasn't quite sure how it would be taken.

No worries... we're all in this together.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Keep in mind, now that election season is in full swing, Hogan has a Brown-bought-and-paid-for tracker shadowing Hogan and videotaping every last word to splice into juicy, but out of context, commercial. In fact, he probably had one during the primaries as well.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    All,

I am having a fundraiser event on 20 Aug, in Crownsville (Anne Arundel County) and Larry Hogan is the guest speaker. Come and check it out. We are in a relaxed outdoor venue and you will be able to directly interact with Larry. I AM a staunch 2A supporter and he is supporting me. We need to win this on multiple fronts. If Larry wins and we do not take either the Senate or Legislation it is a moot point what he believes in. However If we take the Governor and one of the chambers we have a real shot at repeal! Larry does have to track to the middle to win because he needs to have democratic and independent support or he will not win. Picking battles in politics is about affecting the most voters which is taxes, jobs and education. Unfortunately, 2A does not float the top. Before you get upset I agree with you as it is foundational to the very fabric of our country and the ONE right that protects all others. However that is not the understanding or more importantly the primary concern of most folks. These folks are educated that way in our current inept education system. You want to change this, then change the system and put me and Larry in office. I promise you the alternatives are not only worse, but there are no alternatives.

Brown’s first TV add talked about taking more gun rights away from alleged abusers. No judgment, no trial, just allegations. You think it will get better under him?

But you have the strength. Imagine DINOs on here supporting Candidates actively what you could accomplish. As candidates we get surveys and issue questions all the time. Most of these people (especially incumbents know answers are being looked for) fill them out so often they always get endorsed even while working against it. Just keep that in mind. You need to meet the candidates and look them in the eye while they are answering.

This is a great discussion. Please check out the event at "Citizens for Tim Walters" on Facebook.

I have slowly been gaining support from folks on MD Shooters and I truly want to thank them. I will not let you down.

Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walters

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters
    Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom