Berkeley Springs, WV

Attachments

• carry.jpg
      carry.jpg
      34.1 KB · Views: 814

strapped

Aug 27, 2012
    Carroll County
    So you are in favor of armed criminals, armed drug dealers, etc? I agree that law abiding citizens in this state should be able to carry concealed weapons. The person above probably wouldn't need to illegally carry a handgun if he chose another line of "work".

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    So you are in favor of armed criminals, armed drug dealers, etc? I agree that law abiding citizens in this state should be able to carry concealed weapons. The person above probably wouldn't need to illegally carry a handgun if he chose another line of "work".

What is his line of "work?"

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I may not agree with the guy's speculated lifestyle, "work", or method of carry, but every human has the right to self-defense.

The truth is that if it were anyone else who isn't a criminal or living in inner-city Baltimore, they'd be nailed to the wall on 1 handgun charge -- not allowed 3...

strapped

Aug 27, 2012
    Carroll County
    Considering he is being picked up federally for a handgun, he is most likely what they consider an armed career criminal with 3 violent crimes on his record. Misdemeanor handgun wear/carry arrests do not meet that criteria.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Considering he is being picked up federally for a handgun, he is most likely what they consider an armed career criminal with 3 violent crimes on his record. Misdemeanor handgun wear/carry arrests do not meet that criteria.

Then felon in posession is suffient and wear carry is not an issue at all. More over in Md that wear carry is sufficient to create a federal firearms disability.. but no matter

As long as we have laws that do doing we are safe.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    The Tweet (I hate that word) says the guy is "facing his third gun arrest." I don't know that he's guilty of violating anything more than the unconstitutional law/regulation that prevents most of the rest of us from carrying outside our homes.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    Everyone has heard the old saying, "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6". I used to believe it was so. After seeing what happened to George Zimmerman, who was legal to carry, I look at the old saying differently now. At least in Maryland.:sad20:

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit

What were the violent crimes he committed?

Everyone has heard the old saying, "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6". I used to believe it was so. After seeing what happened to George Zimmerman, who was legal to carry, I look at the old saying differently now. At least in Maryland.:sad20:

So, what you're saying "you'd rather be dead than be arrested and/or convicted for carrying illegally".

Wow. Just wow...

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I don't see anything that suggests he did anything other than carry a gun with no permit. If he were a violent felon or drug dealer that would have been the first charge dropped.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm not Namrelio, but what (someone) might be saying is that their personal threshold of what threat level would invoke the *12 vs 6* situation has been raised in light of high profile events.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    The difference between the Zimmerman case and the average person who is concealed carrying (and has to defend himself) is that Zimmerman gave the appearance that he was going and looking for trouble.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    The difference between the Zimmerman case and the average person who is concealed carrying (and has to defend himself) is that Zimmerman gave the appearance that he was going and looking for trouble.

I'm pretty sure if one of us "creepy ass crackas" was involved in a shooting, while illegally carrying, that would be the only headline the country would see. We could be jumped by 10 dirtbags with machettes while carrying our newborn child and the headlines would all focus on "Illegally Carrying a Firearm".

Then again maybe I have BGOS.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    IT IS better to be judged by 12 than CARRIED by 6!

I am retired, but in the past I had to run night service calls for some 'dodgy' buildings, including DC public housing!
    You better BET I had 'something in my pocket'.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    So, what you're saying "you'd rather be dead than be arrested and/or convicted for carrying illegally".

Wow. Just wow...

All I'm trying to say is, if you used a gun to kill an attacker in Md, and you did not have a permit for it, you're DONE. You would loose everything you owned, and would spend the rest of your life in prison. I don't think I could live with that.
    You can't say certain things on an open forum, but after seeing what happened to Zimmerman, the weapon I try to use more now is better judgement. I don't go to real bad locations now. At home is a different story. You just have to be REAL careful what you do in Md.:sad20:

The good news is I won't be a resident here long. Pa, or DE, is coming soon.:)

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    All I'm trying to say is, if you used a gun to kill an attacker in Md, and you did not have a permit for it, you're DONE. You would loose everything you owned, and would spend the rest of your life in prison. I don't think I could live with that.
    You can't say certain things on an open forum, but after seeing what happened to Zimmerman, the weapon I try to use more now is better judgement. I don't go to real bad locations now. At home is a different story. You just have to be REAL careful what you do in Md.:sad20:

The good news is I won't be a resident here long. Pa, or DE, is coming soon.:)

Don't know about that, this is maryland they just might let you out after 5 years. Heck NY lets you out after 18 years if you beat your grandma to death with a hammer. Just say you vote D-Crap and out you go.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I'm pretty sure if one of us "creepy ass crackas" was involved in a shooting, while illegally carrying, that would be the only headline the country would see. We could be jumped by 10 dirtbags with machettes while carrying our newborn child and the headlines would all focus on "Illegally Carrying a Firearm".

Then again maybe I have BGOS.
    I guess it depends on where it happens and what news source initially breaks the story. In MD, you're probably right. In Southwestern VA, the attitude is just the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom