• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    No, but you have to meet the actual time in state requirements.

or who maintain a place of abode here for more than 183 days during the taxable year are actual residents.

MD is similar. So if you stay more than 1/2 the days in MD, you are actually an MD resident. And, if caught, could be subject to back taxes with penalties and interest.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    What is the status of a lawsuit overturning the ban on M1A's?

I know there is the dirty little secret that there are many M1A's made between 1971 and October 1st, 2013 that could easily slip through the cracks because of face to face transfers allowed and sellers and buyers just saying they sold them during a date allowed even though they didn't, but this isn't the way things should be done.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

I know there is the dirty little secret that there are many M1A's made between 1971 and October 1st, 2013 that could easily slip through the cracks because of face to face transfers allowed and sellers and buyers just saying they sold them during a date allowed even though they didn't, but this isn't the way things should be done.

Thread is here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=148158&highlight=kolbe

Next action is a hearing on the motions scheduled for July 22, in Baltimore.

hylomar

Feb 15, 2009
    SOMD

Maryland residents purchasing a M1A prior to October 1, 2013 would have been required to fill in a MSP 77R form and transfer the rifle through an FFL or MSP Barracks. So there are no dirty little secrets. Please remember that this part of the form is available for public viewing. As per the form rules, "No threads or posts discussing how to violate laws" are allowed.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Unless it was purchased a LONG time ago. Somewhere in the 1989 - 1992 range. Prior to that you only filled out the Federal form.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Could be.

I would have to look at some of my previous posts. But I thought regulated long guns started earlier than 94.

Yeap, 1989 the Form 77 was required for certain long guns. The list was revised in 1994, adding some long guns based on the Federal list.

I found references to the original legislation for long guns that required the same Form 77 process has handguns and included 8 listed by name, and their copies. This was in 1989.

But the M1A may have not been on the original list, so 1994 for them would be correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom