• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I think you were trying to say the 3rd picture dictates a stereotype. But I will disagree. I'd have to say if you showed this picture to the pubic, most would say that they are avid hunters. Camo, shotguns, knee deep in water with duck decoys.

That would be because you live in Cecil, which is still predominantly populated by normal people. Now go a couple hours south to the asscrack of the state, known as the DC suburbs, and see if you get that same response.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Marketing people spend lots of time and effort in branding and imaging trying to get a demographic's psyche to relate to the person in the advertisement using, wanting, loving the given widget for sale. This includes, for example, the people driving the pervasive and overpriced duck dynasty and under armour products. They are selling the people a widget so they can align with and identify themselves to the world the lifestyle imagery portrayed by advertisements of the widget.

Thus article suggests we use the same tactics in our messaging to the rest of society that propelled under armour into the S&P 500.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    It's all about knowing your audience. Right now the fight is about the hearts and minds of the "fence sitters". YOu have to have project an appearance they can relate to, so you are trying to set Soccer Mom Suzy's mind at ease, so you have to dress the part, she does not relate to tacticool dress she is probably more a khaki and polo person as are the vast majority we are trying to bring to out side. IF you dress like an "operator" or a character from "Lone Survivor" it reinforces the whole "military" aspect the left is trying to push on us.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You are right about your point in your written post. The pics still have me a little unsure.

Is the *right* answer #1 or #2 ? Neither one is close to what I would wear casually , and if I'm dressing to impress on purpose , I would do better than either.

In the actual context , the Robertsons are fine. If you're knee deep in a swamp during duck season , camo and hip boots are expected.

Slightly pulling your leg.

At a minimum , anytime you are representing 2A on purpose dress like you would for ( dressy metaphor of choice).

T shirts with gun logos , or ironic bloodthirsty saying can be a hoot at the range , or hanging with like minded buds in a semi closed setting. But could make a poor impression mingling with the muggles.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Yup, image is everything :innocent0

Attachments

• 2A support.jpg
      2A support.jpg
      122.1 KB · Views: 56

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics