• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebelwon

Jul 10, 2013
    Woodstock, MD (HoCo)
    Please, please someone say that Frosh somehow lost! Does Pritzker even stand a chance in the General Election in November?

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    Nope Frosh will turn this place into New York! In One year! Watch hell will come after all AR-15 and anything semi-automatic. That was most likely part of Bloomturds deal!

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I'm just biding my time for another 10 years in the so-called "free state", and when I retire, I'm getting the fvck out of this political cesspool...

I was going to do that but with my job likely evaporating around October and coming into enough to semi-retire in almost any state other than MD, I'm out of here this year.

Charlie K.

Feb 3, 2013
    Baltimore
    My wife and I are in Tennessee right now house hunting. We are part of the 47%. Thought about Pa. but it is only a few years behind MD.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Primaries are a completely different subset of the electorate. Frosh won 49.7% of
    22% of the electorate. There are about 30k Democrats who voted for gov and did not vote for AG.

Turnout is key in Nov.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I'm shocked that the race wasn't even close. Just shows how the DC suburbs have totally consolidated Democrat power. Soon we will have a PG County Governor and Montgomery County AG and Comptroller. Not sure that we've ever not had a single Baltimore area representative in the Big 3. Very sad

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Primaries are a completely different subset of the electorate. Frosh won 49.7% of
    22% of the electorate. There are about 30k Democrats who voted for gov and did not vote for AG.

Turnout is key in Nov.

The other 50.3% of that 22% is his come November.

Frosh is our new AG, and there are no two ways about it, unfortunately.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Turnout is key in Nov.

and how.. but ..

If the pattern holds most will give up.. I am out of ideas on how to prevent it. .. so I will start looking out for number one ..

I know when i am licked .. good luck to all those who said "voting will not work" i did m y part and no regrets other than money down a rat hole..

ETA : see above :)

I still think we can, I just know we will not. Prove me wrong or not .. I work for number one first.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Despite what you read in the media, it is very hard to unseat a party insider like Frosh in the primary. I changed my party affiliation from I, but to R, not to D so I could vote (time to change it back). I was pretty skeptical of the poll that showed Cardin ahead, primary polling is volatile and DINO was a longshot strategy.

If you played the game hard and lost, don't feel defeated. The only way to win is to first play.

This is only a primary. What matters is Nov. there were 972k people in Maryland who voted for Romney in 2012. There were only 1,044k people who voted for O'Malley in 2010. If all 972k people turn out to vote for Hogan, and a few I or D swing over, Hogan wins. But, the only way it will happen is if people put on their poker face and get people to the polls.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I think the Cardin pols were good but low information votes are low activity votes as well an that lead never made it to the pols that count.

Now braveboy split the disenting votes, and that's the game...

So yes in a two way we would not be facing frosh.

But that's out of our hands...

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Nope Frosh will turn this place into New York! In One year! Watch hell will come after all AR-15 and anything semi-automatic. That was most likely part of Bloomturds deal!

Actually we are probably better off with Frosh as the AG then as a Senior Senator sitting on one of the most powerful committees. Yeah, sure, it would have been nice to see him lose. As the AG he will only have influence on how existing laws are prosecuted... he will not have the final say, a judge will , and then an appeals judge, etc. He can not make any new laws and the person who fills his seat will unlikely carry the power and conviction that Mr. Frosh did. It is an undesirable trade, but not the worst trade ever.

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    Actually we are probably better off with Frosh as the AG then as a Senior Senator sitting on one of the most powerful committees. Yeah, sure, it would have been nice to see him lose. As the AG he will only have influence on how existing laws are prosecuted... he will not have the final say, a judge will , and then an appeals judge, etc. He can not make any new laws and the person who fills his seat will unlikely carry the power and conviction that Mr. Frosh did. It is an undesirable trade, but not the worst trade ever.

The problem is that as AG, he gets to interpret the gray areas of FSA2013/SB281 and enforce accordingly. This is not a loss of power, at all. Think his replacement on the Senate Judiciary will be any better? Not likely.

As far as waiting for the courts, I hope I am alive long enough to see us win, but nothing will end in our favor in the Maryland courts and getting to SCOTUS is a long, long, long, process, and lately, they have not been our friends either.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    The problem is that as AG, he gets to interpret the gray areas of FSA2013/SB281 and enforce accordingly. This is not a loss of power, at all. Think his replacement on the Senate Judiciary will be any better? Not likely.

As far as waiting for the courts, I hope I am alive long enough to see us win, but nothing will end in our favor in the Maryland courts and getting to SCOTUS is a long, long, long, process, and lately, they have not been our friends either.

We replace Gansler with Frosh - An even trade

We replace Frosh with some less senior Senator with less influence - A better situation

Don't be a drama queen, it was unlikely that we would win across the board. If you expected anything else you were living in a fantasy world. We will only move forward in baby steps. The sky is not falling (any more then last year at this time) and the sun will come up tomorrow.

The question is, and always has been, do you have what it takes to, not just start the fight, but, to finish the fight?

There are about 1,200,000 gun owners in Maryland, and only 22,000 members on this board. We need to get the others involved before we can expect any true "house cleaning" in Maryland politics.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    sigh, I really want to move. I can afford my 355k house but everything in VA that is even remotely close to DC is more than that, and I cannot afford much more than that. Maybe in a few years after I get the car paid off. Other than that, it would be a total relocation to PA I think. Maybe I will throw my resume out there.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I have dealt with Prtizker a few times and he seems like a decent guy - not that he has to worry I'd vote for Frosh! Name recognition will be the problem, not to mention the numbers . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom