• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    I like Kokesh. He pushes back against the increasing bull$hit we experience from our government. TSA is a joke, they don't keep us safe. Remind me how many terrorists the TSA has stopped? The only thing they seem to good at is sexually assaulting adults and children so they can get on a plane.

You may not like his methods but he does expose and spotlight the erosion of our liberties and rights. **** the TSA and **** anyone violating a citizen's rights.

The hypocrisy of criticizing his drug use is hysterical. Many drugs are outlawed for a variety of reasons OTHER than their danger to society, like cannabis. Drug laws are a lot like this states gun laws, they are based on emotion and political interests, and not on logic or facts. I don't fault or judge someone for disregarding unjust laws.

Edit: just watched the video, he asked the same question I had, how many terrorist has the TSA stopped?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I bet King George thought George Washington was a douche.
    I was going to say this very thing earlier this morning.....

It's not a comparison to a founding father (at all). It's the point that back then THOSE guys were pains in the asses,..... BIG TIME. ;)

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I was going to say this very thing earlier this morning.....

It's not a comparison to a founding father (at all). It's the point that back then THOSE guys were pains in the asses,..... BIG TIME. ;)

+1

While I do think Kokesh can be a little dooshey sometimes. I think he is on the right track. I think he can do it better and a bit more respectfully sometimes. He didn't have any legal obligation to show his ID as far as I could tell, yet he complied after being threatened with what I would deem as an unjust arrest. Funny the Maryland Police would not tell him what crime he was suspected of committing as is required for them to proceed with the investigation. I'm sure the officer there would have used disturbing the peace or a multitude of other generic disorderly type charges to justify it. Fact is the power mongering is steadily increasing in this state and nationally. A citizens rights to privacy is slowly eroding. Yes I realize Kokesh brought this onto himself by causing a scene at an airport checkpoint. I think it highlights the .gov agenda though.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    What the AK fanboys forget is if he becomes too relevant he is what the left wants to use as a posterboy for all gun owners. That way the "lawful gunowner" rings hollow. So yes keep encouraging this douche.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    What the AK fanboys forget is if he becomes too relevant he is what the left wants to use as a posterboy for all gun owners. That way the "lawful gunowner" rings hollow. So yes keep encouraging this douche.

So if he becomes too popular the media would stop portraying the "average" gun owner as Omar from the wire or the Germans from Die hard and use Kokesh instead? If our gun rights rest on the actions of a single person, then there is a huge problem, thankfully they don't. More relevance would infer more people see how Government treats Americans and their rights, might be good for people to see just how that sausage is made, pretty much the only way people might feel compelled to resist it, or change the role government plays in our lives.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Edit: just watched the video, he asked the same question I had, how many terrorist has the TSA stopped?

So. You really think a screener has the answer to that question? You would honesty think one would seriously know? A screener would not know unless they heard it on the news when you do.
    They are not read in on what happens at a high level. They check to make sure id's match the boarding pass name and scan for weapons. They are not the meat and potatoes of who catches terrorists in the agency. And many agencies are involved finding out who the bad guys are, not just TSA.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    What was the actual point of the question? To embarass the screener? Why would a low level employee need to know such a fact? That's why his motivation is always suspect to me.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    So if he becomes too popular the media would stop portraying the "average" gun owner as Omar from the wire or the Germans from Die hard and use Kokesh instead? If our gun rights rest on the actions of a single person, then there is a huge problem, thankfully they don't. More relevance would infer more people see how Government treats Americans and their rights, might be good for people to see just how that sausage is made, pretty much the only way people might feel compelled to resist it, or change the role government plays in our lives.

Do I think they rest on one person know, but when he is the perfect Archetype to rally the people against add in the media, PACs, Bloomburg, etc collectively the weight itself will crush the public. Individually they all are easily held at bay, right now all the left has is psychotic kids with guns, but enter KoKesh who has only a few more self aggrandizing schemes before he will be ripe for the left and MSM to use against us. Right now perception is reality.

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    So. You really think a screener has the answer to that question? You would honesty think one would seriously know? A screener would not know unless they heard it on the news when you do.
    They are not read in on what happens at a high level. They check to make sure id's match the boarding pass name and scan for weapons. They are not the meat and potatoes of who catches terrorists in the agency. And many agencies are involved finding out who the bad guys are, not just TSA.

What was the actual point of the question? To embarass the screener? Why would a low level employee need to know such a fact? That's why his motivation is always suspect to me.

I was genuinely asking the question "how many terrorists has the TSA stopped from boarding a plane?" to whom ever may know the answer. I believe the answer is very close to, if not zero.

The TSA only seems to be really good at groping people and wasting tax payer dollars. They harass and violate thousands every day without any cause or evidence. How many two year olds or 85 year olds in diapers and a wheel chair have been caught trying to smuggle explosives on a plane? ZERO

This is a security farce of the highest order. These a$$holes should be on the mexican border feeling up illegals and NOT CITIZENS trying to travel with no criminal background or on any watch lists.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I agree, but is Kokesh the best vehicle to point this out at a national level or do his hijinks just portray us poorly?

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    I agree, but is Kokesh the best vehicle to point this out at a national level or do his hijinks just portray us poorly?

Maybe not, but I like that he pushes the envelope against tyrannical policies and laws. I don't see many others stepping up to the plate.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'd like to think (perhaps erroneously) that he has a strategy in place to actually accomplish something.

I just don't see one. How is this much different than the OC folks going into Starbucks or the other retail outlets flashing guns? There needs to be a defined objective to actually accomplish anything IMO I just don't see what he has accomplished other than "I stuck it to the man."

OK, now what?

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    And there's the question.

If he's acting in good faith as many in this thread are assuming; his intentions are good, his execution is flawed. By getting national attention, he makes the rest of us look like asshats by association.

Personally, I just think he's a little shithead who gets off on trolling. Also surprised that no tinfoil-hatters have questioned if he's a Bloomberg agent.

thebullpupkid

Feb 6, 2009
    Right near the beach!
    Its funny that the defenders of liberty® on this site will ignore the gross violations here because Kokesh has a history of douchbaggery elsewhere.

Oh wait, I read it again and apparently the Constitution has an exemption on rights and due process for those you don't agree with... Well excuse me.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Many here that think Kokesh should be uttered in the same sentence as our fore fathers, seem to forget right now we are fighting a public image fight. We have not gotten to the point of the ammo box. Once we get there his antics may prove useful until then he is doing nothing but harming the public perception that 99% of gun owners are law abiding "sensible" people to rest of the people that are on the outside looking in. I am not talking about the hard leftists but the moderates that have not formed an opinion one way or the other. To win the public battle we have to come across as one of the "normal people".

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Many here that think Kokesh should be uttered in the same sentence as our fore fathers, seem to forget right now we are fighting a public image fight. We have not gotten to the point of the ammo box. Once we get there his antics may prove useful until then he is doing nothing but harming the public perception that 99% of gun owners are law abiding "sensible" people to rest of the people that are on the outside looking in. I am not talking about the hard leftists but the moderates that have not formed an opinion one way or the other. To win the public battle we have to come across as one of the "normal people".

You are giving Kokesh to much credit.

One needs to put kokesh in perspective, at best: he is nothing more than a drive by journalist (think blogger). This is more of a gotcha journalism piece.

However, kokesh is at the forefront, because everyone else went back to sleep.

Once others wake up and start demanding our freedoms back from the the ruling and/or enforcement castes, he will be relegated to a distant memory.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Its funny that the defenders of liberty® on this site will ignore the gross violations here because Kokesh has a history of douchbaggery elsewhere.

Oh wait, I read it again and apparently the Constitution has an exemption on rights and due process for those you don't agree with... Well excuse me.

Who is trying to deny his right to be the useless flap of skin that he is? Nobody is saying he has no right to be a professional troll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom