• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Just to fill in some holes for you:

Senate District 33: Ed. Reilly (R) http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/05sen/html/msa14493.html

District 33A: Delegates Cathy Vitale (R) http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/06hse/html/msa14494.html and Tony McConkey (R) http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/06hse/html/msa13999.html

All are pro-2A and voted against SB281. They're not outspoken or leaders in this area or anything, but they are reliable votes pro-gun. (FYI they're my representatives.)

Robin Grammer

State Delegate District 6
    Jul 3, 2013
    Essex, MD
    House of Delegates district 6 is the most competitive district in the state. Last election, Republicans came within 1.5% of winning a seat and within two percent of winning several seats. There will be two open seats in this election.

I am running in this race. After the first set of fundraising numbers was given to the public, I was the leading fundraiser among the challengers for this race. I have been an activist for many years and have run several pro 2a campaigns, including a campaign to fight SB281.

If you would consider my information, I would be forever grateful.

Here is my page, which includes my stances on the 2nd amendment:

http://www.grammer2014.com/

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    House of Delegates district 6 is the most competitive district in the state. Last election, Republicans came within 1.5% of winning a seat and within two percent of winning several seats. There will be two open seats in this election.

I am running in this race. After the first set of fundraising numbers was given to the public, I was the leading fundraiser among the challengers for this race. I have been an activist for many years and have run several pro 2a campaigns, including a campaign to fight SB281.

If you would consider my information, I would be forever grateful.

Here is my page, which includes my stances on the 2nd amendment:

http://www.grammer2014.com/

I added your information to the original post, including a link to your website and one to you post here.

Thank you for providing your information, and also for the additional background info on District 6.

SonicBlue

NRA RSO
    Nov 25, 2009
    Leonardtown
    Don't forget many of these Democrats voted against SB281 because they were in purple districts and they knew they had enough numbers from the solid blue districts to get the bill passed then lie to you on how pro-2A they are. Vote Republican no matter what the Demwit promises you. Unseating many of these Dems will be they only way to show them the pro-2A voters can make a difference. It likely won't be enough to win the majority but any reduction in the number of Dem seats this election will still speak volumes and get their attention for 2016.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    added links at bottom of OP to the committee votes, which allowed the bill to make its way to floors for a vote

TO-DO: find cloture votes

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    The OP has a reference on Frank Conaway and points to cloture votes. Conaway is in the House, which does not hold cloture votes.

There is a Conway in the Senate. Different guy.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Don't forget many of these Democrats voted against SB281 because they were in purple districts and they knew they had enough numbers from the solid blue districts to get the bill passed then lie to you on how pro-2A they are. Vote Republican no matter what the Demwit promises you. Unseating many of these Dems will be they only way to show them the pro-2A voters can make a difference. It likely won't be enough to win the majority but any reduction in the number of Dem seats this election will still speak volumes and get their attention for 2016.

Don't mean to pick, but 2016 won't mean anything to these maryland critters, they won't need to worry about re-election until 2018.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville

Interesting. So what's your strategy on this one? King is running unopposed in the primary and the general and the delegates have no opposition in the primaries and only in the general.:shrug: Dinos are of little use here except in state wide elections.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Interesting. So what's your strategy on this one? King is running unopposed in the primary and the general and the delegates have no opposition in the primaries and only in the general.:shrug: Dinos are of little use here except in state wide elections.

Win lottery. Sell myself in and around District 39 and oppose King. although it's too late for that and the easier route would be to move to VA or NC or other red state. I could potentially change back from Dem to (R) and see which one of the candidates is the best chance. Which to me, is none, as I've yet to get any mailer or contact info from any (R) candidate. Not one of the (R) candidates has a website based on the MD link I found. But that was a cursory and not comprehensive search. I'm obviously not voting for any incumbent as they all co-sponsored the gun bills. Calling them is a waste of time in my mind as I'm one voter in a sea of blue. Now, if other pro-2A District 39 residents want to pay them a visit to address issues including the co-sponsored bills, I would take a day off to do so.

Rick_Grimes

Mar 22, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    District 32...I know Tim Walters personally and I can verify that he most definitely pro 2A. Retired military and a stand up guy. I hope that we get a lot of support for him. He is exactly the kind of delegate we need in north county.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Win lottery. Sell myself in and around District 39 and oppose King. although it's too late for that and the easier route would be to move to VA or NC or other red state. I could potentially change back from Dem to (R) and see which one of the candidates is the best chance. Which to me, is none, as I've yet to get any mailer or contact info from any (R) candidate. Not one of the (R) candidates has a website based on the MD link I found. But that was a cursory and not comprehensive search. I'm obviously not voting for any incumbent as they all co-sponsored the gun bills. Calling them is a waste of time in my mind as I'm one voter in a sea of blue. Now, if other pro-2A District 39 residents want to pay them a visit to address issues including the co-sponsored bills, I would take a day off to do so.

The only stategy I can foresee here is to vote in the primary against Frosh (don't know now who you should vote for), vote for the worst govenor Dem. (Mizeur?) and if someone is running against sitting congressman. Prior to the general try to discern which Republican delegate candidate has the best chance of getting the most votes, then contribute cash and time to help them win beating at least the lowest vote getting Democrat. I don't believe you will see all of the D's voted out but maybe...one. That could be monumental.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    updates to OP done though this post.
    I also added many notes, including votes from the committees.

Let me know if you see any mistakes, notes to add, etc..

Thanks

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Where there are multiple Democrats running in the primary we need to focus the DINO vote on one particular candidate to maximize the effectiveness. If the focus is to unseat an incumbent all the DINO votes should go to one particular opponent who has enough other support to win the primary, then when the incumbent is gone we all DINOs and others need to back the best pro 2nd candidate.

Can we indicate in some way where the DINO votes should concentrate?

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Where there are multiple Democrats running in the primary we need to focus the DINO vote on one particular candidate to maximize the effectiveness. If the focus is to unseat an incumbent all the DINO votes should go to one particular opponent who has enough other support to win the primary, then when the incumbent is gone we all DINOs and others need to back the best pro 2nd candidate.

Can we indicate in some way where the DINO votes should concentrate?

Yes, I was thinking of that as well. In OP I have "Help requested", and an analysis item under it. So far I am not aware of any analysis that shows where concentrating votes "on one particular candidate" would impact the results.

Updated OP - more data, formatting, colors, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom