.22LR, where is it AND WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Hey, im not against selling, like i said, if anyone wants my 555 winchester be my guest, it does take time and gas to get to the store.

You guys wanna know my secret to getting Ammo at Wal-Mart in eldersburg?
    - I walk into work at 8am five days a week and poof. there it is.

Probably the only reason anyone ever had to brag for working at Wal-Mart:innocent0

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Why are you guys so happy with paying 9/10 cents a round? 3 months ago form Wal-Mart it was 3 cents a round and im pissed that I'm paying 4 cents a round. online is a rip off. i just got 3 boxes of 555 winchester hollow point 38 grain for $24 per box. anyone wanna pay me $40 a box take it, i'll keep buying them for $20. you guys can keep your online deals and gun show cost. Any gun show you go to, look for the guys in the parking lot and ask to see their walmart receipts, they are doubling and tripling their money. I haven't been to a gun show since i was 12, i have no interest in them now due to over price. Im a college student who is an independent, I can't afford any other prices except the ones i get from Wal-Mart, i even like bass pro and dicks. Judge me because im broke and pissed off.

Because that's the going price at least for now. Which is better, lots for $.010/round or nothing for $0.03/round? Not buying from the guys in the parking lot; the vendors are selling bricks for $35-45 where I've been and IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THEY PAID. It only matters what they have and what I'm willing to pay.

Reminds me of that Russian joke about the shopper who went into a meat market; the flank was selling for 50 rubles/kg. The shopper told the butcher that the shop across the street was selling flank for 45 rubles/kg. The butcher said, 'go over there and buy your flank'. The shopper stated, 'he's out'. 'Well', said the butcher, 'when I'm out of flank I sell it for 45 rubles/kg as well'.

Either buy it when it's available at the price it's selling for, or stop bitching that you can't find/get .22 LR ammo.

Or wait till it goes back to $0.03/round. Good luck with that.

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    Because that's the going price at least for now. Which is better, lots for $.010/round or nothing for $0.03/round? Not buying from the guys in the parking lot; the vendors are selling bricks for $35-45 where I've been and IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THEY PAID. It only matters what they have and what I'm willing to pay.

Reminds me of that Russian joke about the shopper who went into a meat market; the flank was selling for 50 rubles/kg. The shopper told the butcher that the shop across the street was selling flank for 45 rubles/kg. The butcher said, 'go over there and buy your flank'. The shopper stated, 'he's out'. 'Well', said the butcher, 'when I'm out of flank I sell it for 45 rubles/kg as well'.

Either buy it when it's available at the price it's selling for, or stop bitching that you can't find/get .22 LR ammo.

Or wait till it goes back to $0.03/round. Good luck with that.

X1,000! It will never go back down to .03/round.

jneuberth29

Apr 7, 2013
    Eldersburg, Carroll County
    I shoot a couple times a week, im lucky now, doesn't mean I will be in the future. But the amount that I shoot, I don't have the extra expenditure to pay more than double price. If you look at my previous threads, i used to help others out getting ammo at Wal-Mart. Now it's even hard for me. But I don't need to hoard, that's why I can be patient!

jneuberth29

Apr 7, 2013
    Even if Wal-Mart raised their prices, it wouldn't change the fact that they don't get frequent shipments, and people still would buy it. Nothing would change there. I only buy from Wal-Mart because it is very practical. I save money and don't waste gas.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Why are you guys so happy with paying 9/10 cents a round? 3 months ago form Wal-Mart it was 3 cents a round and im pissed that I'm paying 4 cents a round. online is a rip off. i just got 3 boxes of 555 winchester hollow point 38 grain for $24 per box. anyone wanna pay me $40 a box take it, i'll keep buying them for $20. you guys can keep your online deals and gun show cost. Any gun show you go to, look for the guys in the parking lot and ask to see their walmart receipts, they are doubling and tripling their money. I haven't been to a gun show since i was 12, i have no interest in them now due to over price. Im a college student who is an independent, I can't afford any other prices except the ones i get from Wal-Mart, i even like bass pro and dicks. Judge me because im broke and pissed off.

.03/round? Which WM? Which .22 ammo?

I must have missed it. Haven't seen any 22 for less than .04 per in over a year.

rauler

May 2, 2012
    It's practically impossible to find jneuberth29, at least around Frederick. I have asked the clerks and they tell me that it does come in randomly and sporadically but you have to be lucky enough to be there when it is stocked. I'm glad regardless that Walmart has still kept a relatively low price compared to everywhere else. I don't think that prices will be back to .03 cents as last summer, but I hope so nonetheless. Who knows, the lack of availability may be exacerbated by the employees of gun shops or other ammo selling stores buying most of it.

jneuberth29

Apr 7, 2013
    OKAY EVERYONE, READY FOR MY AMMO REPORT?
    I went to 9 Wal-Mart's
    3 Dicks Sporting Goods
    2 Gander Mountains
    2 Gun stores in PA (Hakes, and some shooting range one)
    1 Bass pro
    1 Cabelas

Guess how much .22 I found?
    Remington thunderbolt 50rd boxes, 2 box limit at bass pro in PA
    cabelas had bricks of target .22 for $60 per 500 HOWEVER CABELAS IN HAMBURG P.A. HAD ABSOLUTELY NO BOX LIMIT.

I talked to every store. They all say they see .22 about once a month. I discovered this because I had a meeting in P.A. today and I made it into an ammo adventure. Average price for a brick of 500 rounds was $26.

Also, there was so much .223, .308, and all hand gun ammo it was overwhelming. Literally walls of it.

Deer Slayer!!!

Mar 12, 2013
    Carroll County
    OKAY EVERYONE, READY FOR MY AMMO REPORT?
    I went to 9 Wal-Mart's
    3 Dicks Sporting Goods
    2 Gander Mountains
    2 Gun stores in PA (Hakes, and some shooting range one)
    1 Bass pro
    1 Cabelas

Guess how much .22 I found?
    Remington thunderbolt 50rd boxes, 2 box limit at bass pro in PA
    cabelas had bricks of target .22 for $60 per 500 HOWEVER CABELAS IN HAMBURG P.A. HAD ABSOLUTELY NO BOX LIMIT.

I talked to every store. They all say they see .22 about once a month. I discovered this because I had a meeting in P.A. today and I made it into an ammo adventure. Average price for a brick of 500 rounds was $26.

Also, there was so much .223, .308, and all hand gun ammo it was overwhelming. Literally walls of it.

Thx for the east coast ammo report. :party29: Good to at least see the other calibers getting stocked up, .22's will have their day soon enough, just hurts waiting...

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    Buying up all of the 22 LR to resell, and rip off other shooters is bull$hit. Anyone doing that can go F**K themselves. You will NEVER get my money.

jneuberth29

Apr 7, 2013
    Except I shoot about everyday, I went through almost 1655 rounds since I got my wisdom teeth pulled thursday. The only way I resell is to people who need and use it, especially for their kids. And I dont rip off

Ian

Dontre member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Damascus-ish
    I am the reason. I have plenty, for as much as I shoot 22. I actually shoot more 45 than 22, but I cannot pass in stock, online or brick and mortar, and not buy. My personal goal for the next three months? DONT buy 22.

wt71

Sep 5, 2013
    Carroll County
    It's a little bit on the high side for what I'm willing to pay for 22 but it's a good deal compared to buying it from re-sellers on the classified or armslist.

I would rather do without then pay 2 times the normal price just to shoot .22.

I'll just shoot 40 45 223 556 or whatever because I can get it for a Decent price and there seems to be pleanty of it in store stock now.
    For the price of 22 now days you can shoot just about any other cal for the same price or less!

Simply put, if people continue to pay those prices, it's always going to be that price! I don't get it. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom