• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    Looking for a place to shoot skeet or trap this Friday afternoon with my brother and brother in law. Most places seem to have weird hours/ schedules. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Closer to Westminster the better.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    You are in Howard County. Just go to PG trap and skeet. Pretty smooth drive. Just head south on the BWI Parkway (i.e., 295) or take I-95 south to 495 to BWI Parkway north and get off at the first exit on the BWI Parkway for Greenbelt Road (193). PG Trap and Skeet is one of the better clays places I have gone to and I continue to shoot there.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Public range, Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays, open 7 days a week. They do have some restrictions on shotguns, no pistol grip and no barrels less than 24" if I remember right. They do rent guns and sell ammo and other shooting paraphernalia.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    They have wobble and five stand too.
    I like to start new shooters on the wobble station because its easy and fun. Let them smash a few there before the frustration begins on the other courses.

There's also a Five Guys (and a Herrshey's Ice Cream :innocent0) down the street that's set up so its easy to keep your eyes on your vehicle.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Public range, Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays, open 7 days a week. They do have some restrictions on shotguns, no pistol grip and no barrels less than 24" if I remember right. They do rent guns and sell ammo and other shooting paraphernalia.

This^^^^^^^^^

Plus, it has everything that you need to shoot clays if you have never done it before and most of the people there are new shooter friendly.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Aaahhh, what about Carroll County (Gun Club???) thats supposedly located near RTS 97 and 32 just west of Eldersburg??? I hear they're supposedly off of Enterprise Rd. Anybody shoot trap there??? What's the place like??? Is the general populous there a buncha' snobs like some of the trap places I've been???

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Aaahhh, what about Carroll County (Gun Club???) thats supposedly located near RTS 97 and 32 just west of Eldersburg??? I hear they're supposedly off of Enterprise Rd. Anybody shoot trap there??? What's the place like??? Is the general populous there a buncha' snobs like some of the trap places I've been???

I think they are only open on Wednesdays and Sundays.
    I know some guys there who are nice folks.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

I think they are only open on Wednesdays and Sundays.
    I know some guys there who are nice folks.

Well good to hear that. I, and a few other MDS'ers (summa' da' Carroll County Lou Crew) will be heading there Sunday 09/28 'bouta' 1:00 PM to bus'sa' few caps at themz clayz, weather permitting.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Well good to hear that. I, and a few other MDS'ers (summa' da' Carroll County Lou Crew) will be heading there Sunday 09/28 'bouta' 1:00 PM to bus'sa' few caps at themz clayz, weather permitting.

Just checked out their website. I might come out next Sunday and join you guys. Think I bought my mower from Finch right around there. Never would have guessed that a trap place is right there.

http://www.carrollgun.com/

elind

Dec 22, 2013
    Fort Meade
    Went out to PG skeet this morning, nice place, however it does get packed. Felt really rushed after that, like when you golf and end up with a group of D-Bags behind you.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Went out to PG skeet this morning, nice place, however it does get packed. Felt really rushed after that, like when you golf and end up with a group of D-Bags behind you.

What were you shooting? Sporting clays, trap, skeet.....?

I was there a couple of months ago on a Sunday afternoon and there was hardly anybody shooting sporting clays. I think everything is more crowded now because school is back in and nobody is on vacation. I went somewhere the other day and could not believe the number of people that were there. Just cannot remember where that was or what I was doing. lol

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Try trap at the AGC, it's pretty much a snob-free zone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom