• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Wasn't the amendment to have criminals use of firearms in a crime offered during the senate debate on SB281 a mandatory increase in sentence? Didn't he help vote it down during the debates? I know this went on in the house debates but I can't recall for sure if it was debated in the Senate as well. Anyone recall?

Not sure about Senate amendments but I do know the bill offered by Brochin this past session to do essentially the same ended up in Frosh's desk drawer.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Not sure about Senate amendments but I do know the bill offered by Brochin this past session to do essentially the same ended up in Frosh's desk drawer.

Thanks, dogbone. I seem to remember this being part of the debate, but I have been known to drink.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Ahh yes, the perpetual "We aren't forceful enough, but no one actually ever says what forceful actually entails as if they are making a veiled threat designed to bring the reader to conclude he means violence."

Fair point. Here is one thing I think would work very well: You find a rape victim who was brutally beaten. You have her testify in front of the POS politicians and have her scream at them that bc of their laws, they not only helped the rapist, but they might as well have held her down themselves. Then have her say the same things to the politician's wife and in front of his children. Let his family know that he supports safety for rapists.

That is what I mean by "stop being so nice."

Does that clarify my position enough for you?
    I'm not advocating violence or anything illegal. What I am advocating is that we start acting like an oppressed, pissed off minority and use emotional arguments to force home our points. I say that bc calmly and rationally discussing our issues IS NOT WORKING.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Fair point. Here is one thing I think would work very well: You find a rape victim who was brutally beaten. You have her testify in front of the POS politicians and have her scream at them that bc of their laws, they not only helped the rapist, but they might as well have held her down themselves. Then have her say the same things to the politician's wife and in front of his children. Let his family know that he supports safety for rapists.

I'm not advocating violence or anything illegal. What I am advocating is that we start acting like an oppressed, pissed off minority and use emotional arguments to force home our points. I say that bc calmly and rationally discussing our issues IS NOT WORKING.

There have been people who have testified similarly.

Here's the problem...

The Machine has been in such total contol of resources, appointments, and support, that the Legislators who are beholden to said Machine can completely ignore it all, and do asd their Masters decree.

Case in point, nearly every "pro 2A" bill this past session. Actually the "anti": bills as well, in large part, because it was decreed that there were to be NO waves made this time through.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    There have been people who have testified similarly.

Here's the problem...

The Machine has been in such total contol of resources, appointments, and support, that the Legislators who are beholden to said Machine can completely ignore it all, and do asd their Masters decree.

Case in point, nearly every "pro 2A" bill this past session. Actually the "anti": bills as well, in large part, because it was decreed that there were to be NO waves made this time through.

OK. If you are correct (and I generally agree with you), what is the point of voting or even testifying? If the game is completely rigged, then why play?

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    OK. If you are correct (and I generally agree with you), what is the point of voting or even testifying? If the game is completely rigged, then why play?

Why play? That is a question we must each ask of ourselves, reaching deeply into our hearts and our souls to find the answer.

I "play" because there are some things in my life worth protecting. I want to be absolutely sure, beyond the slightest bit of doubt, that I have completely exhausted all possible measures of working within the system we have before I even think about having to work outside of it.

If the time ever comes to move to the next box, and I pray we are far from that time, I want to do it with a clear conscience, knowing I have no other recourse.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Dogbone, I agree with you. However there are intermediate things that can be done between giving up on the system, and going to other boxes.

The question needs to be: Are there more effective ways to get rid of the worst politicians that doesnt involve the normal voting process, and isnt illegal?

OR

Is there an effective way to quickly retain our 2A rights in this state? If so (and it obviously isnt going to be via the GA or the courts) then how do we implement those techniques?

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    BamaBob, there's an old joke that goes something like:

1. Fast
    2. Cheap
    3. Good

Pick two of the above.

Looking at our situation in Maryland, we'd be lucky to get to pick one. We don't have the recall option here, so we can't pull a Colorado. I won't kid you, it is going to be a long, slow, and expensive battle. We will have to slowly educate a majority of the state's population, or at least a large enough portion to be heard, in how to stand up for their rights.

How do we do that? I wish I knew a quick and easy way. The only option I see is to live the life. Make it a part of your day to day existence to get the message out, show your friends and neighbors what is going on in this state, and ask their help in fixing it.

Sounds like a tall order, doesn't it? It might be but it really isn't that hard once you get started. The tough part is keeping at it.

Mr H

Banana'd

winning hearts and minds

We have to try and change the players, even if only one at a time. And, if needed be up front and vocal about how they cheat.

Tiffany Alston is a great example.

During the hearings in 2012, we won her over IMO. Problem is, that the Masters didn't like it, and she is suddenly the subject of an investigation, and is run out on a rail. This wasn't highlighted like it should have been, and the rest is history.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    sigh, I really want to move. I can afford my 355k house but everything in VA that is even remotely close to DC is more than that, and I cannot afford much more than that. Maybe in a few years after I get the car paid off. Other than that, it would be a total relocation to PA I think. Maybe I will throw my resume out there.

I've been in the same boat as you. I'm also in montgomery county, and hate every day of it. Thankfully, my wife just got a nice promotion at her job. I think we can afford Virginia now so we're putting our house on the market next summer. I believe VA may not be far behind MD but I've been following VA politics pretty closely and it seems the new commie governor they elected is getting shut down on most of his crap. I still have hope for VA. But MD is gone.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA

I agree with you Bama. I only moved to MD in 2012. before that, I had never even been to MD. I've noticed that the opposition (i.e. us) in MD seems to be hell bent on "playing fair" and "not sinking to their level." I see that all the time on this site and hear it from people in this state. There are even national stories about all the post Sandy Hook gun laws and how people spoke out and burned registration cards and lot's of civil disobedience but MD "didn't make much noise at all in the face of new gun laws."
    Now before you all start attacking me over who went to Annapolis...I understand that a lot of you made a lot of noise. But as a whole; as a unit...MD opposition is more concerned about "playing fair" and "being respectful." That shit don't work.

Case in point: I was driving to work one morning. I needed to merge off of the highway to get to my exit. A guy in the exit lane sped up to keep me from getting in front of him. No big deal....I slowed to get behind him. But then he slowed his car and kept me from getting behind him. I was about to miss my exit so I put it to the floor. He did as well-trying to keep me out (for whatever reason) but thankfully my car was faster and I managed to barely make my exit by squeezing in front of him. After that, he hi beams me, honks his horn, runs up on my ass: honking, flashing lights, etc. He was acting like a damn lunatic. At the end of the exit, I went right, he went left but we both stopped-me to yield and him because of a red light. When we were both stopped, he was yelling and screaming; cussing me and behaving like a mental patient. I flipped him off and continued on my way.
    Well the fVcker chased me.

I honestly wanted to pull over and teach the c@cksucker some manners. But I continued on until he gave up and turned around.
    I posted that whole exchange on here and shit....the majority of people on here attacked me for provoking him by flipping him off.

As far as I can tell, that's the MD opposition. "Don't sink to their level. Keep it classy. Gotta stay respectful."

Fvck that. Respect ain't getting us anywhere.

Now I suspect plenty of MD shooters will be along to tell me I'm the problem now.

Those are the same people who talk trash when guys like me say "fvck this state" and look to move to a free state.

You guys can keep being respectful while you lose all your rights and get taxed to death. Meanwhile I'll be moving to the USA to enjoy life.

On an unrelated note: if anyone is looking to a buy a nice split level 3bd/3ba house in moco next summer, I'll have one for sale.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Please, please someone say that Frosh somehow lost! Does Pritzker even stand a chance in the General Election in November?

The Election for Governor & Attorney General of MerryLand is over...

We live in a D = Democratic State...

It's done, it's Brown & Frosh...

The only reason that we had a Republican Governor Ehrlich is that the Dems ran the Carpetbagger Kennedy...

Stick a fork in us we are cooked & done...

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

Some years ago I listened to the heartwrenching stories of several rape victims who testified before the HJC. One sought to obtain a handgun permit, but was told something like, "Odds of being raped twice are very low...permit denied!"

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Some years ago I listened to the heartwrenching stories of several rape victims who testified before the HJC. One sought to obtain a handgun permit, but was told something like, "Odds of being raped twice are very low...permit denied!"

Then why didnt we post that response all over town? Why didnt we hit the airwaves and hammer the point that the "war on women" in this state is supported by those people? Why didnt we go to every rape and grief counseling center and have them help to fight that point?

It is bc we are too worried about being classy to win. If we dont win the emotional battle, we will never win anything back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom