.22LR, where is it AND WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rauler

May 2, 2012
    Its still crazy around here in MD. When I go back to Pittsburgh, PA to see family I always stop at the Gander Mountain or the Field and Stream store-they always have any ammo I want for decent prices. .22, .223, 7.62, etc...I guess I'm just living in the wrong state.

Oh man, you might have just started an exodus to Pittsburgh! :)

Sent from my iPhone using ravens

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    This:thumbsup:

I consider myself here in Baltimore County to be lucky to be within a 20 min drive of 5 WM"s and 30 min of 4 more. I do pay close to $.08 for Mini mags with tax but not more than 5-6 cents for any other brand. Just bide my time and it pops up. Others are not so lucky. I feel for the people who live in the sticks or out west where there may be 1 gun shop in an hours drive. They are stuck with whatever they can get. Those sellers who gloat over what they sold for I find annoying.

I don't live in the sticks, but haven't been going to gun shops to get my ammo either except a couple times from some local IPs (but NOT 22s). 22's? Since Christmas I've picked up a 325 pact to the door for $18 (free shipping), 1K 49.99 + 10 shipping = about $60, then jumped on a very recent deal for 525 from Cabela's for just under $30 delivered )23.99 + 5.90 or thereabouts) on behalf of a friend who bought a 1911-22 before Oct 1st and the only ammo he could find was 200 rds I sold him from my own stash a few weeks back. If you watch the ammo threads and jump QUICKLY, you can get your .22s to your door without paying a fortune and without driving everywhere.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    If you watch the ammo threads and jump QUICKLY, you can get your .22s to your door without paying a fortune and without driving everywhere.

This is right on. I watch the online sites and look for trade deals. I have no problem with locals asking $50 or more for a brick but I won't pay it. If you can get that for a brick-more power to you buddy, but again I won't pay it.
    I've gotten my hands on a little here and there (still nowhere near what I would like) but it's all about watching threads and different sites and thn jumping on it as soon as you see it.

jneuberth29

Apr 7, 2013
    Eldersburg, Carroll County
    This is right on. I watch the online sites and look for trade deals. I have no problem with locals asking $50 or more for a brick but I won't pay it. If you can get that for a brick-more power to you buddy, but again I won't pay it.
    I've gotten my hands on a little here and there (still nowhere near what I would like) but it's all about watching threads and different sites and thn jumping on it as soon as you see it.

Between work and school i am never home, and i get in trouble using my phone at both. walking into stores is my best bet

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have had a hard time finding .22LR at WM myself recently but managed to buy close to 4K rounds on line this last week alone. Most of it not my optimum choice but fine for practice.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Walked into a lgs last week and walked out with a Remington bucket of bullets. 1400 rounds!!! A little more than I like to pay at 6.5 cents per round, but I couldn't pass it up. Hopefully my mkIII won't have a problem with them. Of course I can always resell them if it doesn't feed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom