• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Since Obama has now allowed illegal immigrants a safe haven in Baltimore city and the Governor and the Mayor are all for it, I will be staying away from the city. If Obama wants a safe haven for the illegals my thought is why not Washington DC.
    Evidently you haven't been to DC or it's suburbs lately......

drew_acid

Kreuzritter

Attachments

• Dundalk.jpg
      Dundalk.jpg
      11.8 KB · Views: 209

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Give it a few years. It's amazing how close we are to following in Detroits footsteps.
    Too late, a few times Baltimore has surpassed Detroit crime statistics. Sad, but true. On the fair side, Baltimore is going through some changes on tearing down project housing, and revitalizing Federal Hill, and say the Area of Lexington Market. Problem with that they are pushing the people in to Anne Arundel and Baltimore Counties.

Evidently you haven't been to DC or it's suburbs lately......
    Agreed, it has its parts, but since I frequent both DC and Baltimore I can tell you Baltimore makes DC look like Potomac at times.

Nelben

Jan 11, 2010
    Baltimore
    People are happy enough to drive an hour or more from York, PA and other burbs to work here. Maybe if more people that worked here moved into the city and pushed out the morons and helped make it a better place, maybe Baltimore might see some of its glory returned.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    People are happy enough to drive an hour or more from York, PA and other burbs to work here. Maybe if more people that worked here moved into the city and pushed out the morons and helped make it a better place, maybe Baltimore might see some of its glory returned.

That's the problem....Baltimore pushed out the people who are willing to work.

Mr H

Banana'd

That's a slippery slope, and something Lord Governor Martin St. Malley is more than willing to "make happen"

If you're not already familiar with it, I recommend reading up on "Plan Maryland" (and not just the state's pablem).

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD

I work in Baltimore and have for over 11yrs. Its a ********!! You couldnt pay me to leave the County and move to the city. Lets see to start are the taxes!! nearly double what i pay in the county for a single family on an acre of property. Then there is the crime, dont even get me started there. Most places do not have adequate parking, so parking on the street sucks!! Not to mention the school system, to hell if i would EVER send my kid to a city school! Just for the record, I lived in Baltimore in the early 90's, so i know what i say is true (to me at least). The city is so financially screwed right now they dont know what to do.

Ilexopaca

Mar 4, 2012
    Damn. This forum is going to be a hoot. Just joined two minutes ago. Baltimorean here (or Baltimoron depending on your perspective).

I admit it does feel foolish to pay these property taxe$ and private school tuition$ for the pleasure of living in a hopeless shit-hole/cesspool. Not to mention carrying all the miscreant Baltimore citizens who can't muster the self respect to pay their own way. Ahhh... just think, for what I've spent to live in this city I could probably own a boat, a beach house and my own private shooting range. Oh, and please, for all of you who do own such amenities... have mercy. It's bad enough.

Yeah. Yep. Shit happens here. Bad shit - and good shit. On the bright side it's an excellent place to get laid, make money, party, catch a game, see live shows, socialize, and raise kids (as long as you can keep them safe). I'm sort of a wild west kind a guy - it's edgy and wild here. Fellow adventurous Baltimoreans make for good neighbors especially when you're surrounded by scavengers and predators. Living on the urban frontier kinda suits me for now. I don't mind manning the front line for awhile longer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone's a ***** for choosing to not venture into the city. I totally get it. I look forward to retiring to where the biggest thing I have to wrestle with is a rockfish.

It's either your city or not. You either own it, or cede it to free-loaders, immigrants and criminals.

I'm messing with you folks.

Consider this my introduction.

I look forward being part of Maryland Shooters.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Damn. This forum is going to be a hoot. Just joined two minutes ago. Baltimorean here (or Baltimoron depending on your perspective).
    Consider this my introduction.
    I look forward being part of Maryland Shooters.

[FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Head over to the INTRODUCTIONS thread and introduce yourself
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Take a look at these links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Helpful Hints Video[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

Sirex