• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    -The 2-3 year hunt for just the right Mauser Model 1934 ended at another PA estate auction today, just in time for my upcoming birthday. Found a grainy photo of the pistol and holster in the listing and it showed just enough detail to justify driving the SAABaru up to Waynesboro PA. What I found had me sweating: a 4th variation Kriegsmarine Model 1934 in pristine condition with a slightly damaged German holster and spare magazine. Just one tiny scratch near the barrel latch was the only flaw I could find. Looked like it was never issued.
    -Initially I thought it might be a fake when I couldn't find it in my copy of Pender's Mauser Pocket Pistols. But thank God for the internet, found it online and the SN fell within the reported range. Jackpot!
    -But it wasn't mine just yet. Bidding on all the other guns (sporters, SKSs and AKs) was tepid so I was optimistic. In the end I opened with a $400 bid and the only counter bidding came from a dealer who dropped out at $570. So I got the rig for the dirt cheap price of $580. Don't mind paying for my own birthday present if they're all like this!
    -There were about 6,000 pistols built in the 4th and final variation for the German Navy (Kriegsmarine). Not long after these commercial grade pistols were built Mauser shifted production to the new HSc, putting the long production run of the 1914/1934 series to rest.
    -Will have to see if the holster can be repaired, it's just missing the catch stud. Perhaps time to contact Jerry Burney, the guru of Luger holster repair. Worst case is I leave it alone.

Attachments

• IMGP7709.JPG
      IMGP7709.JPG
      52.7 KB · Views: 457
    • IMGP7703.JPG
      IMGP7703.JPG
      44.4 KB · Views: 443
    • IMGP7704.JPG
      IMGP7704.JPG
      33 KB · Views: 441
    • IMGP7710.JPG
      IMGP7710.JPG
      88.9 KB · Views: 446
    • IMGP7711.JPG
      IMGP7711.JPG
      97.1 KB · Views: 441
    • IMGP7712.JPG
      IMGP7712.JPG
      19 KB · Views: 439
    • IMGP7714.JPG
      IMGP7714.JPG
      94 KB · Views: 439
    • IMGP7706.JPG
      IMGP7706.JPG
      35.7 KB · Views: 448
    • IMGP7705.JPG
      IMGP7705.JPG
      49.5 KB · Views: 434
    • IMGP7703-001.JPG
      IMGP7703-001.JPG
      67.7 KB · Views: 446

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Holy Moly
    That is in just awesome shape.
    This estate auction had just firearms or all sorts of stuff?

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Holy Moly
    That is in just awesome shape.
    This estate auction had just firearms or all sorts of stuff?

You name it. The husband was into woodworking, fishing and shooting. So lots of reels, reloading equipment, ammo and such. His wife owned every piece of decorative glass in Pennsylvania. Furniture and all kinds of smalls too. A true estate auction.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    So ... I start reading, "Pennsylvania estate score ..." and the name, "Mawkie" pops into my head.

Of course!

You should be able to hear the sound of my saliva splashing on the carpet all the way up there!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    My OCD pays off yet again. I've been at the computer for nearly 3 years searching and researching all things Model 1934. But I never imagined that I could swing a Kriegsmarine example. Normally way too much coin for me.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I recovered one of these on a criminal one time..........with the European theater League bring back paperwork.

It wasn't in as good of condition but it was pretty decent.

cool little guns!

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    I don't think I've ever been more jealous of your finds than right now! That is by far the nicest KM 1934 I've ever seen, absolutely gorgeous and at an insane price. Wow, just wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom