• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Anyone have the M&P sight pusher tool laying around that I could borrow?

I ordered a set of sights along with the APEX Tactical hard sear and USB for my M&P9 and was able to install everything but the front sight myself. I don't think I can knock it out with a drift or punch without marring things up. Reading around, it seems like it's normal for these things to be in there super tight.

I'd take it to a gunsmith, but those I've contacted are busy and have lead times and charge (what I think is) a lot for a 10 minute job (I know I'm cheap). It may end up being my only option, but I thought I'd check here first.

J.Brown

Apr 3, 2008
    Hampstead
    its a ride for you but... i took my m&p to RA Brown in westminster. 10 miutes like you said and $5.00 later it was done. i would call before you make the voyage, as his hours vary a bit. pm me for his contact info if interested.

jplum

Feb 3, 2008
    Used a punch and a light hammer on my M&P. Took it easy and no marks. Put the slide in a vice and had it wrapped in a cloth.

Jeff

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    its a ride for you but... i took my m&p to RA Brown in westminster. 10 miutes like you said and $5.00 later it was done. i would call before you make the voyage, as his hours vary a bit. pm me for his contact info if interested.

I'll send you a PM. I may make the drive if nothing else pans out..thanks :thumbsup:

Used a punch and a light hammer on my M&P. Took it easy and no marks. Put the slide in a vice and had it wrapped in a cloth.

Jeff

I used that method for the rear set, then tried it on the front (driving left to right towards the ejection port) and it just wasn't budging. I was afraid to swing the hammer much harder thinking I might slip and mess something up, but I haven't made any marks...yet.

gotm4

Apr 25, 2010
    NoVA
    I use a MGW M&P sight tool on standard M&Ps and M&PCs. On 5" M&Ps and full size .45s The front has to go on with a hammer and brass punch with the slide mounted side ways in a padded vise.

I'm back to work on Monday if you need it installed. I'll install it free of charge.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I use a MGW M&P sight tool on standard M&Ps and M&PCs. On 5" M&Ps and full size .45s The front has to go on with a hammer and brass punch with the slide mounted side ways in a padded vise.

I'm back to work on Monday if you need it installed. I'll install it free of charge.

Thanks for your generosity...Manassas is a bit too far for me, but thank you for the offer:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom