• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    Here are a few pics of the New Imports from Zenith of the Turkish MKE Roller lock pistols . Hopefully we will be able to submit these to the Handgun Board for review.

zenithz5p%20(13%20of%2020).jpg
    zenithz5p%20(6%20of%2020).jpg
    zenithz5p%20(14%20of%2020).jpg
    [/IMG]

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Wow that looks nice. With the CZ Scorpion Evo and now this, I've completely given up any idea of ever building a 9mm AR pistol. Any idea what the price will be?

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    That top gun is probably not going to pass the roster board - it's a copy of the SP-89.

doesn't Atlantic make one thats on the roster?

*edit*
    it's on the roster but only available to LEO, Armed Forces etc Not available to general public :sad20:

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    I believe they are available as nfa weapons... and before everyone jumps on the mp5k will never meet oal length think about aow with a fore grip.........

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    I would buy one of Each :D

Atlantic - Would you allow LE to have the 30 magazines that come with these firearms?

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    I believe they are available as nfa weapons... and before everyone jumps on the mp5k will never meet oal length think about aow with a fore grip.........

Glad I got one years ago as an AOW into MD and then did my Form 1 and SBR'd it before all this STUPIDITY we have here in Md............

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    What's the difference between that and the other one, besides maybe length?

Look at the back. The two push pin holes are indicative of using MP5K/SP-89 parts.

Both only have one hole. The MP5 has a hole behind the plastic part of the trigger housing. Its technically the front hole of a rifle grip housing which would have two holes. You can cut off the rear hole and use a rifle housing on an MP5. The MP5K(SP89) went even shorter. You cut off both holes and add a hole in the back of the housing itself. It's still well behind the internal trigger pack. The K uses a shorter barrel w/ matching front foregrip, and a different bolt carrier since the cocking tube is shorter. Though I'm pretty sure the bolt is the same. The receiver shape and the trunnions are the same. You can make a K out of a MP5 receiver fairly easily.

There is a MP5 'reverse stretch' which never existed from HK. Its a K front end w/ its short barrel/foregrip and the longer ass end of a MP5. Said to have less recoil than a K and run more reliably. I think their main reason is that K parts are so much more expensive. A real HK MP5 parts kit is ~$1500. A K part kit will be at least another grand. So lots of financial incentive to just put a short barrel on a regular MP5 parts kit.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I heartily recommend MKE products. I bought some of both the standard and K models when they were imported back in 2009-10 and they have been wonderful little firearms. I don't regret one penny of my purchases. I have one of the new POF MP5's too and other than paint quality, it has been just as good as the MKE's. Additionally, both brands have been as reliable and sturdy as my HK's. You simply cannot go wrong with these.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Bah. Didn't realize you were counting the top one;) But you're technically right.

Bottom hole isn't in the same location either. Doesn't matter about the top hole. The stocks don't interchange anyway.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Bah. Didn't realize you were counting the top one;) But you're technically right.
    Hey, when you're field stripping a K, you notice that top pin... it's no less important than the bottom one. (OK, maybe slightly less, since it's not holding in the lower receiver).

That said, the handgun roster board is being exceedingly weird in its designation of something as an assault pistol or not, so G-d only knows what they're gonna really say.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    If you want a K model, all you have to do is get a Class II/III dealer to buy it and convert it into either an SBR (if you can figure out how to get 29" out of it) or an AOW. That way, you completely circumvent the goofy pistol roster.

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    If you want a K model, all you have to do is get a Class II/III dealer to buy it and convert it into either an SBR (if you can figure out how to get 29" out of it) or an AOW. That way, you completely circumvent the goofy pistol roster.

Maybe as aow, but currently sbr still is considered a pistol in the state I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom