• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    First off, let me say that this has become my favorite shooter. However
    one thing I didn't like was the 2 tone look. I know some people love it but I was just not a big fan. After shooting it for a few months and "breaking it in", I decided to order some Ed Brown parts and have Scott at Scott's Gunsmithing do the work. Every black piece has been replaced except for the hammer, Mainspring retaining pin, and of course, the sights (which will not be swapped out). All the "drop in" parts had to be fitted and bead blasted to match the gun with the exception of the mainspring housing.

Let me know what you think.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    That turned out great. Do you mind sharing the cost?

Thanks again everyone. The parts cost me around $100. As for labor, I would rather not say only because Scott's price can vary depending on how much work has to go into it. When I dropped it off, he gave me a price range and I was ok with it. Let's just say that it was very reasonable and worth it to me.
    Those guys do great work. :thumbsup:

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Thanks again everyone. The parts cost me around $100. As for labor, I would rather not say only because Scott's price can vary depending on how much work has to go into it. When I dropped it off, he gave me a price range and I was ok with it. Let's just say that it was very reasonable and worth it to me.
    Those guys do great work. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I should have specified parts. I'd expect some variance in labor from gun to gun. Were the parts bead blasted because they were black, or a different color silver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Thanks, I should have specified parts. I'd expect some variance in labor from gun to gun. Were the parts bead blasted because they were black, or a different color silver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The parts were a brushed stainless. They were bead blasted to match the matte stainless of the Ruger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom