• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    What do you recommend to stay up on new products and industry news in hard copy? In other words, what's next to your toilet?

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    What do you recommend to stay up on new products and industry news in hard copy? In other words, what's next to your toilet?

Those magazines say "ALL THINGS GREAT" about all products they feature in their mags, whether or not those "THINGS" are "GREAT" or are nothing more than a genuine "PIECE OF SHIT". If the magazines called a piece of shit they featured as a "piece of shit" or similar but in more politically correct terminology, they'd probably loose a multi million dollar advertising account from the manufacturer.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    NRAmagazines.jpg
    With every NRA membership you get your choice from 3 fine publications.
    American Hunter, American Rifleman, or America's First Freedom.
    I'm not an NRA employee just a proud member, here's some more info....

Annual Membership or Life Membership. An official NRA Membership
    ID card - showing your Membership ID number and expiration date or Life
    Member status. You should carry this card with you at all times.

With all regular memberships, you will get a choice of subscription to
    American Rifleman, American Hunter, or America's 1st Freedom.

$5,000 to $10,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. Coverage increases to $25,000 for Law Enforcement Officers killed in the line of duty.

$1000 of ArmsCare coverage with your NRA membership. This plan covers insured firearms, air guns, bows and arrows against theft, accidental loss, and damage.

New and Enhanced insurance coverage's through the NRA Endorsed Insurance Programs. Enroll on-line for Life, Health, Auto, Home, Accident and Individual Property and Liability insurance or place a Toll free call. New Commercial Property & Liability Insurance Programs for NRA Affiliated Clubs and Business Alliance Members. Special exclusions and limitations apply as listed in the master policy.

The most important benefit of an NRA membership is the defense of your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. NRA-ILA tracks the issues, and alerts members about legislation involving firearms and hunting at the federal, state and local levels of government. Successful legislative action begins with you -- the individual member.

It's Easy to Join the NRA. Just go to https://joinnra.nra.org/join/join.aspx or call 1-877-NRA-2000

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County

That's funny. Gun mags are my throne literature as well.
    American Rifleman because that's my NRA magazine of choice.
    Guns and Ammo. I picked it up in a super cheap subscription offer. I've enjoyed it since the editor and format change.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I trust absolutely nothing in shooting magazines. When someone is paid to write a story about a product, the unvarnished truth will never see the light of day.

Even Speer and Hornady reloading manuals call for Speer and Hornady bullets. Though we all know you can mix and match different powder and bullet manufacturer combinations until the cows come home without ill effect.

All advertising and all commercials should come with a disclaimer: "We are about to convince you to part with your money. Resistance is futile".

Then we would have truth in advertising.

Last edited:

ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    Yeah I'm not looking to buy stuff based on someone's opinion or "torture" test(with the exception of MDShooters of course). I just want to stay up on what's new and available. Firearms and support equipment.

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    Those magazines say "ALL THINGS GREAT" about all products they feature in their mags, whether or not those "THINGS" are "GREAT" or are nothing more than a genuine "PIECE OF SHIT". If the magazines called a piece of shit they featured as a "piece of shit" or similar but in more politically correct terminology, they'd probably loose a multi million dollar advertising account from the manufacturer.

Totally agree, but I do enjoy RECOIL http://www.recoilweb.com

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    The only magazines I get now are Gun Tests, American Handgunner, and American Rifleman.
    I dropped Guns and Guns and Ammo because they were garbage.
    I still get Shotgun News but I don't consider that a magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom