• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    OPINIONS WANTED! - How often do you hear that? LOL :)

Ruger 22/45 or Mark III for non-competitive (for now) Target shooting with an Optic?

If you have an opinion on the pistol, perhaps you'll also have one on an optic? :)

There can be only one. (purchased because I can't afford both :) )

Scarab

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    For plinking, or a proper bullseye gun? I'd go with the Mark III, then install a Volquartsen trigger/hammer kit. WRT optics, the Bullseye crowd swears by the Ultradot.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I recommend Ruger Mark III. I grew up shooting a Mark I and the grip angle is right for me. You may want to try both, before you buy, to see which grip angle works best for you. I copied this reply from your other identical thread.

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    I shoot this 22/45, put a Tactical solutions on it and just put a Burris Fastfire II red dot on it.
    Love it

Attachments

• 22 45.jpg
      22 45.jpg
      63 KB · Views: 274

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    It really just comes down to grip angle between the two. Also, one has a plastic frame and the other does not.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    This is my wife's Competition model. She loves it. You just gave me an idea for a Christmas present though. Maybe I should get her a red dot for it.
    I used to have a MK II bull barrel years ago. Great gun.

Attachments

• Ruger MK III 001.jpg
      Ruger MK III 001.jpg
      104.7 KB · Views: 228

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Why did you post exactly the same thing in rimfire? I only caught it because I posted on that thread and did not see it when I clicked on this one.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    The 22/45 is lighter and the grip more like a 1911. Pick based off of which ever of those is more important to you. For the optic it depends on what you want. If its a bulls eye gun, I like the Ultradot Matchdot. If it's for speed games like bowling pins or steel challenge the C-More in a Taccom mount is unbeatable. It mounts low enough it co-witnesses with the iron sights. It is much easier to find the dot in a hurry with that set up.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Because this is both a handgun and a rimfire and I figured I may catch more responses if I post in both places instead of just one. :)

Thanks for the info and opinions!

Scarab

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Similar price point, Browning already has the rail integral to the upper - is the Mk III Competition drilled/tapped for a mount and include it in the box? My Lite was drilled/trapped and included a mount from the factory.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I am picking up my new Buck Mark Hunter with the 7" barrel this Weekend from Tyler's. I do not like to look of the Contour's barrel + the Hunter has a fiber optic front sight. Having said that I am guessing the accuracy will be just about the same between both of the Buck Marks.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    What about quality-wise? On par? Is Browning made in the USA? I know Ruger is, and that's important to me. I know that Springfield, Winchester, and a lot of other manufacturers are NOT made in the USA any more.

Scarab

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom