• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    I heard the choice is within the ranks, the last name escapes me but I believe it starts with a "P". The reason for the wait is the guy needs to retire or did and there has to be a 45 day waiting period before being employed by the state again.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I heard the choice is within the ranks, the last name escapes me but I believe it starts with a "P". The reason for the wait is the guy needs to retire or did and there has to be a 45 day waiting period before being employed by the state again.

McCauley doesn't start with a P....just sayin'....

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I spoke with a Sgt at the licensing div yesterday and he doesn't think a new Super will make any difference in reducing the restrictions on current permit holders.

He also seamed annoyed at the questions I was asking, so maybe he isn't the best judge of our 2A future.

At one point he asked "so what are we doing here, are you lawyer or are you from the media. What's with all these questions?"
    Good response:

"No I am a citizen, one of the ones you are here to protect and SERVE. Unless you have forgotten that."

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    I spoke with a Sgt at the licensing div yesterday and he doesn't think a new Super will make any difference in reducing the restrictions on current permit holders.

He also seamed annoyed at the questions I was asking, so maybe he isn't the best judge of our 2A future.

At one point he asked "so what are we doing here, are you lawyer or are you from the media. What's with all these questions?"

He's right. I keep reading these posts and threads wondering what MD shooters expects from the new MSP head? He works at the discretion of the governor. I find it hard to believe they are going to go rogue and make a political statement with MSP Policy.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    State FOP Lodge is endorsing retired Major Nick Paros ...I've met him before, decent guy and he actually said someone in licensing gave him trouble when he applied to renew his CCW a second time. Said he made some calls and got it straightened out right away so he knows first hand the BS people applying for CCW have to deal with

Actually, he doesn't know what we are dealing with because he can get one!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    His Linked In page says he was a former Licensing Division commander, and from the way it was presented it suggests that would have been in the 2000-2005 time frame?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom