• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    No, "banned" long guns are grandfathered even for new residents. if owned before 10/1/13. I would think it a good idea to be able to document the date of ownership, but I never heard any mention of that from anyone. That stupid law is full of things no one really thought through.

Anyway, our new immigrant can buy all sorts of long guns, including some I think he can't have in Massachusetts. He can buy an HBAR AR with a telescoping stock, then drive to Virginia and pick up a dozen 30 round PMAGs and a couple drums, then bring them back and use them perfectly legally.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    No, "banned" long guns are grandfathered even for new residents. if owned before 10/1/13. I would think it a good idea to be able to document the date of ownership, but I never heard any mention of that from anyone. That stupid law is full of things no one really thought through.

Anyway, our new immigrant can buy all sorts of long guns, including some I think he can't have in Massachusetts. He can buy an HBAR AR with a telescoping stock, then drive to Virginia and pick up a dozen 30 round PMAGs and a couple drums, then bring them back and use them perfectly legally.

He can also have ammunition delivered, unless he lives in MoCo and buys from palmetto state.

Sent from a galaxy far, far, away....

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    To be fair, there's all sorts of perfectly legal stuff he can't get from Palmetto, as well as some other online vendors.

But he can has bayonet lug!

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    speed cams are all over the place

During a recent visit I found out that the particular county I was in charges 5 cents per plastic bag at supermarkets and such. I was appalled.

Also, all the cameras on the streets to nab people for traffic violations... Almost made Massachusetts look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch out for red-light cameras, the newer ones will tag you for speeding too.

As for the bag tax, the Washington Post reports "through the first five months of fiscal 2013, businesses have already sold 24.8 million traditional bags. Money from the tax, estimated at $1 million for this fiscal year, is on pace to exceed $2 million" ...so now other tax N spend politicos in MD are looking at getting in on the money grab for that too.

architect323

Jan 7, 2014
    I'm in the process of registering my firearms with the state. I'm still trying to understand the crazy laws here... I'll be allowed to have them, but what gives me the right/ability to transport them from say, Massachusetts (where they are now) to Maryland, or from Maryland, to say, a gun range?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If coming from outside MD, you travel under Federal FOPA 926A until in MD. Then transport according to MD statute 4-203. This is for handguns. Long guns are ok as long as unloaed during transport. In a nutshell, handguns unloaded and in an enclosed case or holster. Google will give you the entire statute.

Welcome to Marylanistan.

IANAL

architect323

Jan 7, 2014
    If coming from outside MD, you travel under Federal FOPA 926A until in MD. Then transport according to MD statute 4-203. This is for handguns. Long guns are ok as long as unloaed during transport. In a nutshell, handguns unloaded and in an enclosed case or holster. Google will give you the entire statute.

Welcome to Marylanistan.

IANAL

this state is weird, and I can't wait until I can move to someplace resembling America.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    well ya got us there for sure.

:sad20:

The only thing really.

Out of the other slave states Maryland is lumped into it is the easiest when purchasing long guns only requiring a simple 4473 like the rest of the country and walking out with it the same day, no universal background checks, yet....

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Many states allow FTF sales between residents with no NICS check. VA for example. Erroneously called the gun show loophole.

The anti want NICS checks on those sales too.

More usurpation of your rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom