• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    What are good ones of these?

And, are any of the good ones to be had in any of our local stores?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Don't bother with any of the ones from the Walmart or such, unless you want to spend the time adjusting them to be centered before using.

I can't really recommend any brand, because I've always just used them as rough setup before going to the range to do an actual zero.

Pablopac

pablopac
    Aug 7, 2012
    I have a laser lite model. Works well. But, like all of them, not on 17 hmr.
    Happy to let you try it or use it if needed. Left it at my place in WV, so it would take a few days...
    pablo

Feb 28, 2013
    I have a laser lite model. Works well. But, like all of them, not on 17 hmr.
    Happy to let you try it or use it if needed. Left it at my place in WV, so it would take a few days...
    pablo

Appreciated. :thumbsup:

But I want my own. :)

Next, I gotta get a target stand built for early mornin' trips to Elk Neck before all the ding dongs show up.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I just ordered a cheapo one to see how it works and maybe save a little ammo dialing in the PTR and LR308 when I get home...I'll be moving sights and adding a scope to the Arsenal as the wife calls it...

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i'm def a gearboy but these are a waste of money IMO. pull the bolt and bore sight it, super easy. and if you have something you can't do that on (eg, lever gun), just start with a close target and work your way out.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    i'm def a gearboy but these are a waste of money IMO. pull the bolt and bore sight it, super easy. and if you have something you can't do that on (eg, lever gun), just start with a close target and work your way out.

this.

Raginrog

Apr 6, 2015
    AA county
    I ordered a kit on ebay for multiple calibers, not more than $20. Hopefully good enough for the purpose of sighting a couple of lasers I have. If not I'll go back to the old standard of making adjustments in small increments to get it close to POA/POI.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Don't bother with any of the ones from the Walmart or such, unless you want to spend the time adjusting them to be centered before using.

I can't really recommend any brand, because I've always just used them as rough setup before going to the range to do an actual zero.

+1

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I got one 2 years ago and don't use it much. they are not that accurate. They are often not straight either. After you insert/mount it, turn it 180 degrees and look again. Often the point moves so take the average of the two. For me, more helpful when aligning a red dot.
    I shoot at a 100 yard range, so I just shoot into the dirt, then adjust till I'm hitting where I'm aiming, then bring it to paper at 50 yards and take it from there.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I got one at walmart. Stick it into the barrel and set your scope up. Its not perfect but I'm always within an inch or so of dead center at 100 yards. It has saved lots of ammo over the years. Ive had it at least 6-8 years and never an issue. Ive used it on everything from. 22 to. 308.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I got one at walmart. Stick it into the barrel and set your scope up. Its not perfect but I'm always within an inch or so of dead center at 100 yards. It has saved lots of ammo over the years. Ive had it at least 6-8 years and never an issue. Ive used it on everything from. 22 to. 308.
    ^^^This. I have an inexpensive bore sighter(Amazon) that goes into the end of the barrel and it works great. Came with adaptors for different calibers and gauges. I set my rifle/shotgun/muzzleloader up on a table in my gun vise, put the laser siter in the barrel nice and snug, and then adjust crosshairs to laser. I do this at about 30-40 feet. Have done this on several long guns and always am within inches of bullseye at 80-100 yards. Then some minor adjustments and GTG!

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland

This is exactly what they are for, so the less expensive the better. Not everything has to cost hundreds of dollars to work. I paid $25 for mine on Amazon and have used it on 3-4 scopes and get on paper everytime. Generally gets me in an < 8"> group then I zero in from there.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The Laser lye is the best one I have used and I have used them all. It even has software to give you a marker to place the reflective grid to get an exact POA/POI with your load.

I have the SL500 green model. It's $200.00 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom