• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Hey now... That's between me and the Mrs....

Anyone know what this rifle thing is:
    6b464b773ab19b35a5e7a8439c9494bd.jpg

24ef60b6a856c82542cf226c23568682.jpg

d27598c8986ec8a9819707bffb2b3e19.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really hope you bought that old Star Wars lunch pail. If it is the old metal one it is worth some SERIOUS bank. I'm not kidding. If it has the matching thermos inside even better.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Forget the lunch box, I see 22lr :omg:

It's sales like this that are worth going to because you never know what else you might find.

I really hope you bought that old Star Wars lunch pail. If it is the old metal one it is worth some SERIOUS bank. I'm not kidding. If it has the matching thermos inside even better.

Didn't even think about that.

did you buy the rifle?

Nah I didn't even make it to that sale. I was posting and thinking of trying to make it if it was something interesting.

Last weekend I just got more knives and axes
    512119ab128e43f6676010d6c60d7b67.jpg

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Not a yard sale, but I found a shotgun at a pawn shop:
    Western field (Mossberg made) m550 12 ga with the adjustable chokes, vent rib barrel. Missing front bead. The bolt has the fancy machined pattern on it. $150 was the asking price. Looks nice. Nice wood and blueing. Action seemed like it needed cleaning and lube. Not sure I can justify it to my better half.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Western field (Mossberg made) m550 12 ga with the adjustable chokes, vent rib barrel. Missing front bead. The bolt has the fancy machined pattern on it. $150 was the asking price. Looks nice. Nice wood and blueing. Action seemed like it needed cleaning and lube. Not sure I can justify it to my better half.

Asking price is right on par with a very good cond one. which unfortunately makes it hard to convince the wife you have to get it cause its a great deal. If money is tight i wouldn't sweat it, there will be plenty of other pump shotguns. If you really want it, just drop hints.. stare off into space and when she asks whats wrong, say i cant stop thinking about that cool old shotgun.. id kinda like to have it. Then shrug with frown and wait for her to feel guilty. :D

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Asking price is right on par with a very good cond one. which unfortunately makes it hard to convince the wife you have to get it cause its a great deal. If money is tight i wouldn't sweat it, there will be plenty of other pump shotguns. If you really want it, just drop hints.. stare off into space and when she asks whats wrong, say i cant stop thinking about that cool old shotgun.. id kinda like to have it. Then shrug with frown and wait for her to feel guilty. :D

Lol, I like your ideas but I'm not in love with it. The only thing I would do is sell my mossberg bolt action $60 shotgun and replace it with this. I don't really have the extra money to spend on this. Besides what I really want is a Stevens 520/620 or western field 30/31 browning designed takedown shotgun. I've bid on a few and lost out on price and one by missing the end of the auction.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Lol, I like your ideas but I'm not in love with it. The only thing I would do is sell my mossberg bolt action $60 shotgun and replace it with this. I don't really have the extra money to spend on this. Besides what I really want is a Stevens 520/620 or western field 30/31 browning designed takedown shotgun. I've bid on a few and lost out on price and one by missing the end of the auction.

If your bolt action Mossberg is in good shape you should be able to pull 100.00 out of it. ive sold plenty of them for that

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

I have that same gun in $20ga. Mine was missing the bead also. Contact Havalin Sales and buy the correct bead which comes with the little curved plate to go under it that has the choke markings on it. I think it cost me $10. If you're missing the bead I'm sure you're missing the choke indicator. Lets you know what you have the choke set at. FYI, that gun will take new Mossy barrels if you ever want to change up.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    My wife has heard me talk for years about my mom's Veg-O-Matic from when I was a kid. Found one ($5) at the Maryland Line Volunteer Fire Company flea market on Saturday. Homemade french fries Saturday night! Ok so it's not the kind of blade everyone likes to post, but it IS from 1969 and it DOES slice and dice :D

But wait - there's more! If you bought just one........:innocent0

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    With sheath- 250-350...has it been sharpened? does the mechanism work?

The sheath looks like it might be from a 1917 style bayonet though.......reducing it's value.

I didn't look close enough to say for sure.
    It may have been sharpened some on the tip. The scabbard was metal at the top and bottom with a rubbery or softer main part.
    Mechanism? I wasn't sure it had one?

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Went out for about 2 hours to a few community sales and only picked up this guy for $10

Attachments

• 20150530_111435-1.jpg
      20150530_111435-1.jpg
      102.9 KB · Views: 767

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I haven't had a chance to attend any lately. Kid joined Tae kwon Do, and it takes up every Saturday. Sunday's is the only day. Get to the range and myself so I've been skipping yard sales for now.

senetor24

Mar 4, 2013
    Finally got out to a sale in Glenelg. Picked up a Weaver 4x28 scope for $35 and soft gun case for $7. The family kept all the guns.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    There is an RCBS reloader special single stage press with 9mm and 357 dies, powder measure and a few other misc supplies for $85 at a yard sale in severna park/shipley's choice. Governor stone, left on rustling oaks, bramble wood court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom