• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    Saw a report on the news, metal detectors at Camden Yards coming this season. No surprise, just like the NFL. So if you conceal carry to the yard you won't be doing that anymore. I'm sure they will send you packing and tell you to leave the weapon in your car and then you'll be allowed in the stadium.

They did not report on any firearm policy specifically but they will soon no doubt.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    I think it is a MLB decision that all stadiums will have metal detectors. I heard on the radio that metal detectors will be setup and if detects something then you will be directed to be searched with a wand. It is sad that it has gotten to this point. I want the old days back!

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Unlike football, I believe this will hurt attendance. The more laid back nature of a baseball game is part of the appeal of going. You show up, walk in, sit down and watch some ball. I can zip down to a 7pm game after work with little planning. When people start missing the first inning because they had to wait 45 min in line to get in, they'll stop coming.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    So if you conceal carry to the yard you won't be doing that anymore. I'm sure they will send you packing and tell you to leave the weapon in your car and then you'll be allowed in the stadium.

Wouldn't you in fact, already be packing?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That finishes off any chance of me attending a game at OPCY. The lines alone will make it a hellish procedure just getting through the gate.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    They started doing this towards the end of last year at certain gates. I picked the wrong gate and had to suffer through a "wanding". I made sure to make it as awkward as possible by making comments like "thank you sir may i have another".

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I would prefer that they dont do this but I dont think its a huge deal. For football games everyone is worried about seeming the whole game so there is a huge rush for the 30-45 min leading up until kickoff, baseball is different, its more a steady flow from an hour before until a few innings in. I dont really see the need but it wont detract me from going to games.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Guy at the gate saw the pocket clip. Bag check lady saw one in my wife's purse also and turned us away. Luckily we park in lot B so it was easy to put them in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom