• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    A Utah CFP four-hour class will be held at the American Legion, 6330 Crain Highway, La Plata, MD, on Saturday, January 10, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. $50.00 cash or money order. This permit is recognized in 31 states for "non-residents". Fee includes fingerprinting and application form with certification stamp. This is a "walk-in" class, no reservation needed.

Questions: 301-899-3079 - Mon. thru Friday - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Wow, most instructors charge $100-150 for this course; $50 is a great price. Fee includes finger printing, that's outstanding. So a student just needs to bring a passport photo, and they can do the application and drop in the mail immediately?

I set up a class a few years ago and asked Brian from MidAtlantic to teach it for a group of my friends; he did the fingerprints, photo, assisted with the application and everything. I think he charged $100 per person, everyone who took it was very glad they did and Brian's a good instructor.

I don't believe we have met yet, any former students of yours on this board?

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Thanks for your nice comments which are appreciated. We believe in the U. S. Constitution and the 2nd Amendment and try to keep our fees as low as possible. That's how we have stayed in business for 40 years.

We give our students the application form & make sure it is filled out properly. Then we fingerprint them and give them a addressed envelope for their use. They don't need to bring anything to class, but they will later need one (1) passport photo and a copy of their driver's license to submit with their application along with their $51.00 to Utah BCI for the 5 year permit. If they are from Virginia they will need to include a copy of their Virginia CCP.

I am sure that there are several of our former students who are members of Mdshooters.com.

Thanks again.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Wow, most instructors charge $100-150 for this course; $50 is a great price. Fee includes finger printing, that's outstanding. So a student just needs to bring a passport photo, and they can do the application and drop in the mail immediately?

I set up a class a few years ago and asked Brian from MidAtlantic to teach it for a group of my friends; he did the fingerprints, photo, assisted with the application and everything. I think he charged $100 per person, everyone who took it was very glad they did and Brian's a good instructor.

I don't believe we have met yet, any former students of yours on this board?

Yes, Dan_G and I took their class at MSAR back in February. After the class, we just had to include a passport photo and send the packets off.

Moe was a good instructor. He kept things lively and the class engaged.

Ronin9

Jun 11, 2013
    Good 'ole "Fredneck" County
    Does anyone know what the normal/average time to receive update/confirmation on your Utah permit once you have submitted all of your paperwork? I took the class in early November and then submitted my paperwork a week after and have not heard a peep from the good folks in Utah at all. Even checked my bank account to confirm cashing the check I sent and in and it has not been cashed as far as I can tell.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Thumbs up for Moe likewise. I took a friend to one of his Utah classes , and was able to observe and Moe put on a good class. While as noted, not a total one stop , the fingerprints are the otherwise difficult part , and photos are easily available.

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Does anyone know what the normal/average time to receive update/confirmation on your Utah permit once you have submitted all of your paperwork? I took the class in early November and then submitted my paperwork a week after and have not heard a peep from the good folks in Utah at all. Even checked my bank account to confirm cashing the check I sent and in and it has not been cashed as far as I can tell.

By Utah law the BCI must issue a permit or deny it within 60 days. If 60 days have passed and you have not received anything from BCI, you should give them a call. Their phone number is: 801-965-4445 If your check has not been cashed it may indicate that they did not receive it. That is why we recommend in our classes that our students use Priority Mail which includes tracking so you can confirm that it was received. Hope this info is helpful.

mattyrayb

Feb 23, 2010
    waldorf
    Great price and location to me. Any chance you'll do this again sometime soon? I think i could probably get 1or 2 others to sign up also

Ronin9

Jun 11, 2013
    Good 'ole "Fredneck" County
    Thanks for the feedback! I did call BCI and they confirmed receipt/processing of my application right before the holidays. lo and behold received all of my stuff in the mail 5 days after NYE :) gotta love the good people of Utah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom