• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I get more confused the more I read on these. Ghost guns, Russian, etc... I'm not selling any but I am curious if one I have is considered more collectible with this matching SN Tula stock? I chalked it up to more "cool" factor since it matches and is dated 53.

Attachments

• image-1261862885.jpg
      image-1261862885.jpg
      68.2 KB · Views: 175

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I always wanted an "M" that took AK mags. Too late.
    They're pretty awesome. A little rougher than an AK when it comes to magazine insertion and removal, but super-handy in paratrooper length. If I hadn't gotten tagged with a new car on top of an M11/9 SMG purchase this month, I would have bought a MOLOT low mount and put an optic on mine.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I get more confused the more I read on these. Ghost guns, Russian, etc... I'm not selling any but I am curious if one I have is considered more collectible with this matching SN Tula stock? I chalked it up to more "cool" factor since it matches and is dated 53.

You have a Tula. Soviet SKSes are much more desirable and valuable than Chinese examples. I'm not in any way knocking Chinese SKSes. As I said above, I love them, but I don't pretend that they are something they aren't. I would not pay $400 for one. That's just my personal view - I know that's not anyone else's. I also wouldn't pay $500 for a Mosin 91/30 but others will. I have an all matching "ghost". I got it for $269 shipped 8 months ago. If you look at any of the resellers, you will be hard-pressed to find a $400 Chinese SKS.

But, remember that Russian SKSes could be picked up for $4.45 a few years ago, so YMMV.

brentb636

Nov 16, 2013
    Holland, Mi
    You have a Tula. Soviet SKSes are much more desirable and valuable than Chinese examples. I'm not in any way knocking Chinese SKSes. As I said above, I love them, but I don't pretend that they are something they aren't. I would not pay $400 for one. That's just my personal view - I know that's not anyone else's. I also wouldn't pay $500 for a Mosin 91/30 but others will. I have an all matching "ghost". I got it for $269 shipped 8 months ago. If you look at any of the resellers, you will be hard-pressed to find a $400 Chinese SKS.

But, remember that Russian SKSes could be picked up for $4.45 a few years ago, so YMMV.

Don't forget that you can find Russians in every Canadian gas station for $185, so I wouldn't spend a fortune on anything that wasn't somewhat unique. Should they drop that russian arms embargo, I wouldn't want to have invested $600 in a "beautiful" Russian ( except maybe that one in the torn shorts ). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom